The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act allows USDA, for the first time in over 30 years, opportunity to make real reforms to the school lunch and breakfast programs by improving the critical nutrition and hunger safety net for millions of children. The meal pattern will be phased in over multiple program years.
Regulation – SY 2014-2015
- USDA Short/Long Week Calculation
- USDA Manual OVS (updated August 2014) - NEW!
- USDA Website: Nutrition Standards for School Meals
- Implementation Timeline for Lunch and Breakfast
Technical Assistance and Guidance
- Meal or No Meal – Game for internal staff training on reimbursable meals at lunch (PowerPoint)
- SY 14-15: Lunch Weekly Meal Planner -NEW!
- SY 14-15: Breakfast Weekly Meal Planner -NEW!
- Vegetable Subgroup Planner
- USDA, Food Buying Guide
- USDA, Food Buying Guide Calculator
- How USDA Foods Support the NSLP and SBP Meal Pattern Requirements for SY 14-15 - NEW!
- Standardized Recipes
- Production Records
- Crediting Guidance
- Crediting Overview by Meal Pattern Component
- Processed Product Documentation
- USDA Fact Sheets