Educator Portal – Electronic Certification for Arizona Educators
Currently, the only online applications accepted are for renewal of existing valid or expired certificates. If your certificate has lapsed, please use the in-person or mail-in route to make application for re-certification or renewal under the returning educator option. See the renewal requirements for more information.
- Download the renewal application and check to make sure that you meet the requirements.
- Ensure that your IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card is valid. See our Fingerprint Clearance Card (IVP) page for more information about obtaining and renewing your IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card or your human resource department.
- Complete the application and answer every background question. If you answer “Yes” to any background history questions, you must also submit a completed Explanation of Incident form for each incident, even if the incident was previously disclosed.
- Have your LEA (District or charter holder) verify professional development by completing that section on the renewal application OR gather/create electronic copies of the documentation to meet the professional development requirement if appropriate. Only Substitute and JROTC certificates do not require professional development activities. See below for help with document scanning.
- Have the appropriate form of payment for completing the online application process, Visa and MasterCard are accepted and a $2.00 convenience fee will be added to the renewal fee of $20 per certificate renewing. You may always apply via mail with check or money order or in person and not be charged the convenience fee. See contact us for more information about our locations, hours, mailing address and forms of payment accepted.
Making application online
Already registered AzEDCert applicants will use their verified e-mail address and password to log-on.
First-time AzEDCert applicants will need to link their existing certification file information to an e-mail address. We suggest you use your personal e-mail address and not an institutional (school) e-mail address.
- You will be asked to provide your social security number and your date of birth.
- You will be asked other personal contact information to verify your identity.
- You will then confirm your current contact information and verify your e-mail address. Please use your personal e-mail address.
- You will then need to verify the e-mail address you provided by following the details in the verification e-mail.
Following this process, you may log-in, view your current and past certifications as well as make application. Currently, only existing certified educators may make application for renewal of a valid or expired certification which is in the renewal window. See the renewal requirements for more information.
Scanning your documents
Scanning is how you create electronic versions of paper applications and documents. Creating electronic copies may be accomplished through flatbed scanners as well as phones and tablets with scanning apps. Free and inexpensive scanning apps are available from such sites as Google Play and the Apple iTunes app stores.
- Follow the instructions provided with the scanner by the manufacturer and/or via the software or app.
- Save each file as a PDF or image file such as a .jpg or .png.
- We suggest you include your name and a description of what the file contains in the file name. For example, “Jane Doe renewal app.pdf” or “Jane Doe fingerprint card.jpg”.
Note: If you don’t have a scanner at home, you may be able to scan documents at a local library or your school if the copier has scanning functionality. In that case, save the scanned documents to a USB drive or e-mail them to yourself so that you may access them later when submitting your application materials online.
Attention: If you’re using a public computer, always protect your personal information. Never save scanned files to the computer’s local hard drive. Always completely log out of online resources, close the browser and log out of the computer if appropriate.