Superintendent of Public Instruction John Huppenthal and the Arizona Department of Education are committed to providing the highest quality education to Arizona’s 60,000 American Indian students in the Arizona public/charter school system. The ADE Indian Education office is in the Academic Achievement Division, Office of Innovative and Exemplary Programs in the Arizona Department of Education. Our mission is to promote leadership, education and training to schools, agencies and governments which are responsible for the quality of education of Arizona’s American Indian children.
The ADE Indian Education program utilizes state and federal funds to maximize teaching and learning levels while validating the unique cultural identity of American Indian students today. The ADE Indian Education office activities include publications, school districts/tribal supplementary education assistance, and a variety of public education and outreach activities
The Leading the Way Conference has been cancelled due to low registration.
Indian Education Legislation
- Arizona Indian Education Act A.R.S. 15-244
- Mandatory Native American History Instruction A.R.S. 15-341
- Arizona Native American History Instruction A.R.S.15-710
- Indian Education Exemption from Ethnic Studies Law A.R.S. 15-112
State Board of Education Policies
School District Map with Tribal Lands
Indian Education Annual Report
- Indian Education Annual Report 2013 2013 Indian Education Annual Report
- Indian Education Annual Report 2012 Native_American_Education_2012 official