The Certification subprogram consistently and accurately enforces the State Board of Education rules and regulations and state statutes governing the certification of professional educators in the state.
Effective Teachers and Leaders (formerly Title II-A) is responsible for increasing student academic achievement through strategies such as improving teacher and principal quality and increasing the number of highly qualified, effective teachers in the classroom and highly qualified, effective principals in schools.
Works with Institutes of Higher Education throughout the state to ensure their programs are approved through the performance review program.
- Arizona Educator Exams Information
- Arizona Guidance for Title II-A
- Comparable Exam List for Highly Qualified Educators
- Alternative Pathways to Teacher Certification
- Arizona State Board Approved Educator Preparation Programs
- Required Arizona Educator Exams
- National Board Certification
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Learning Leaders for Learning Schools