Welcome to the Arizona Department of Education’s Special Assistance Provisions website. This site is designed to familiarize you with the aspects of the USDA’s Special Assistance programs, (Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and Provisions 2 and 3).
These provisions have the potential to impact participation, collection and verification of applications, labor costs, cash-handling costs (collections, charges, and write-offs), a la carte sales, and hardware/software costs.
The intent of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is to improve access to free school meals in eligible high poverty Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) and schools to eliminate administrative burden of collecting household applications. A school is eligible for Community Eligibility if the identified student percentage is at least 40 percent.
- Monthly Federal Reimbursement Calculator (CEP)
- HNS 04-2014 Community Eligibility Provision for School Year 2014-15
- SP 19-2014, Community Eligibility Provision: Department of Education Title I Guidance
- SP 21-2014 Community Eligibility Provision: Guidance and Q&As
- Supporting and Promoting the Community Eligibility Provision (Brochure)
- ADE Community Eligibility Provision Data Form
Provisions 2 and 3
The core concept of Provisions 2 and 3 is a reduction in administrative costs in conjunction with operating a non-pricing program for all students. Simply, if the district agrees to provide meals to all enrolled students at no charge, the USDA eliminates the requirement to collect applications for 3 to 4 years.
- Special Assistance Extension Application Packet (Updated November 2013)
- Special Assistance Application
- Free and Reduced-Price Policy Statement
To learn more about the Special Assistance program visit the following links:
- Special Assistance Guidance Manual
- Financial Analysis Tool
- Simplified Daily Edit Check Worksheet during Non-Base Years
- How to Apply for an Extension in Provision 2/3
- Provision 2 Schedule and Procedures
- Provision 3 Schedule and Procedures
- Making Sense of Special Assistance Claiming
- Provision 2 Claiming Percentage Calculator
- Provision 3 Meal Claim Calculator
- Special Assistance Verification Exempt Calculator (Updated 9/17/13)
- Step by Step Instruction for Special Assistance: How to Calculate Adjusted Eligibles for Non-Base Year Verification Summary Report
- Tips for Increasing Participation in the NSLP