Receiving federal grant monies entails both programmatic and financial duties, which includes proper programming and expenditure of monies, goals achievement, and related reporting. Information related to the key areas addressed during the fiscal monitoring of federal funds are:
Internal Controls. Systematic measures (such as reviews, checks and balances, methods and procedures) instituted by an organization to (1) conduct its business in an orderly and efficient manner, (2) safeguard its assets and resources, (3) deter and detect errors, fraud, and theft, (4) ensure accuracy and completeness of its accounting data, (5) produce reliable and timely financial and management information, and (6) ensure adherence to its policies and plans.
Compliance with Federal, State, and Agency guidelines.
- Arizona Administrative Code (AAC)
- Arizona Procurement Code
- Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS)
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) – i.e. Fixed Assets, Time and Effort, etc….
- Grants Management Guidelines (available under the Document Library via ADE Connect)
- Uniform System of Financial Records (USFR) for School Districts /USFR for Charter Schools (CS)
Fiscal Guidance Please click here to find guidance on Fixed Assets, Internal Controls, Time and Effort, Procurement, and click here for guidance on the NEW Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
Helpful Fiscal Monitoring Tips
- How to Create a Group in Visions
- How to Create a Group and Payroll Journal report in Visions
- How to run the correct Expenditure Detail Report?
- How to Run a Fixed Asset/Stewardship report
- How to Export into Excel within Visions
- How to Create a Compressed File
- Fingerprint Clearance Card Requirements
- Corrective Action Plan Development
- Coversheet for Corrective Action Plans
- Sample Time and Effort Policy
- State Rules for Appealing Audits
- Time and Effort Checklist
To Receive Quarterly email updates on what is new with Federal Monitoring, please send your contact information via email to FiscalMonitoring@azed.gov
Previous Quarterly Updates
Question: Can I pay for food with federal funds?
Question: What do I need to retain for a conference or professional development event I attended?
Fiscal Monitoring Team
|Astrid Hanson, Federal Fiscal Monitor, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Esh Muliyil, Federal Fiscal Monitor, email@example.com|
|Jennifer Flores, Monitoring Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Larz Garcia, Federal Fiscal Monitor, Larz.Garcia@azed.gov|
|Tina Panameno, Program Project Specialist, email@example.com|