- icon iconIs the federal law that allows the U.S. Government to support both national and local education goals with grants and other resources.
- icon iconExpands access to high-quality preschool.
- icon iconGives back to the states the power to identify the schools that need the most help.
- icon iconLets states determine how to measure student and school success.
- icon iconSupports college- and career-ready standards.
- icon iconReplaces No Child Left Behind (NCLB).
- icon iconESSA is also the latest iteration, or extension, of the 1965 Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
Arizona ESSA Plan Development Timeline
ADE's ESSA Plan Activities and Resources
Updates on ESSA Proposed Rulemaking
ESSA Resources on Ed.gov