Arizona Charter Schools Program (AZCSP)
Project Years 2018-20 Subgrantee* Application
* In compliance with Uniform Guidance § 200.330, AZCSP awardees have been determined to be subrecipients or subgrantees of CFDA 84.282 A awarded to the Arizona Department of Education, Charter Schools Program, October 1, 2015. Subrecipients will also be known as non-federal entities.
Any Arizona not-for-profit entity may apply for this grant.
The proposed school shall meet one of the following definitions of educationally disadvantaged:
- A school serving at least 40% racially and ethnically diverse students; or
- A school serving at least 40% economically disadvantaged students eligible for federal lunch program support; or
- A school serving at least 40% students with identified disabilities per IDEA; or
- A school serving at least 40% English Language Learners (ELL).
The AZCSP grant is aligned with the US Department of Education Charter Schools Program Priorities and the submitted application will be scored in light of these priorities. All applicants will be subject to review of previous state and federal education performance. 2 CFR §200.205 (1)
The Evaluation Criteria will be provided to assist in meeting the expectations of the application. It is not the application.
In-person application assistance is available in public trainings provided by AZCSP staff. Locations and dates are posted below. Important written information regarding the application, its policies and procedures are also located on the AZCSP web page. AZCSP recommends applicants to attend the public training opportunities and to use the resources provided.
How to Access AZCSP Subgrant Application & Evaluation Criteria:
The applicant must submit written confirmation to AZCSP ([email protected]) identifying the following:
- The LEA Authorized Representative’s name,
- The LEA Authorized Representative’s contact email address and contact phone number
- The corporation’s name including the following: a) Its AZ Corporation Commission File; b) Its DUNS Number
- City and general location of the projected school.
I. How to obtain AZ Nonprofit Corporation Status:
The applicant(s) must form a new Arizona nonprofit corporation or be a part of an existing Arizona nonprofit corporation.
- http://www.azcc.gov/Divisions/Corporations/records/Records.asp Click the Starting a Business
- A window will appear with various sub links.
- Read the links.
- Articles of Incorporation are at the following Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC) website: http://www.azcc.gov/Divisions/Corporations/forms/starpas/formsSTPS/C011-Articles-of-Incorporation-Nonprofit.pdf?d=665
- Follow the instructions to fill out and submit the necessary information to the ACC.
II. How to register with the federal government as a vendor: System Awards Management (SAM)
The corporation must create a User Account and register at the federal System Awards Management webpage https://www.sam.gov/portal/SAM/#1.
III. How to obtain a DUNS Number
If the corporation is new, it will need to obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. http://www.dnb.com/duns-number.html.
Without completing these tasks, the corporation will be unable to enter the Grants Management Enterprise (GME) website and be unable to apply.
The above tasks are external to the Arizona Department of Education. None of the links reside in ADE nor does ADE provide Technical Assistance to complete them.
Upon submission of the above information, AZCSP will send the AZCSP Subgrant Application in MS Word format via email.
In preparing the application for submission, use 12-point Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri font, double line spacing, and 1-inch margins. Tables may be in an 11-point font.
Submit in pdf format to [email protected]
Application submission deadline is Monday, October 24, 2016 by 11:59 PM (MST)
AZ CSP 2018 – 2020 Subgrant Calendar
|Date||Activity / Location||Time|
|January 23, 2017||State Board of Education Approval of Awards|
|January 4, 2017||SBE Agenda Deadline|
|December 5, 2016||Peer Review Evaluations Deadline|
|October 24, 2016||Application submission in GME Deadline||5:00 PM|
|August 23, 2016||Phoenix Application Training – ADE 1535 W. Jefferson, Phoenix, 85007||1:00-4:00 PM|
|August 16, 2016||Flagstaff Application Training – East Flagstaff Community Library, 300 N. Fourth Street, Suite #5, Flagstaff, 86004||12:00-3:00 PM|
|August 11, 2016||Phoenix Application Training – ADE 1535 W. Jefferson, Phoenix, 85007||1:00-4:00 PM|
|August 9, 2016||Tucson Application Training – Pima County Public Library Main Library, 101 N. Stone Avenue, Tucson, 85701 Rm LL1||1:00-4:00 PM|
- AZ CSP Monitoring Procedures
- Charter School Closure Procedures with UG Revisions
- Monitoring Handbook – 2015-17 AZCSP Subgrantees
- Risk Assessment Process Narrative
- Risk Assessment Score Sheet
- Fiscal Monitoring
- Return of Funds
- Terms to Know
- CSP Nonregulatory Guidance January 2014
- ESEA Part B – Public Charter Schools
- Office of Management & Budget Uniform Guidance
- Project Year 2018-2020 6 Month Planning
- Project Year 2018-2020 18 Month Planning
- 2017 – 2019 Project Years Timeline Charts
- Sample AZ CSP Grant Award Notification
- Parent Resources
- References and Resources
- Charter School Information
- Identifying Leading Indicators of Success in Charter Schools – February 15, 2012