Arizona Charter School Program Mission:
AZ Charter School Program Ensures High-Quality Educational Choices by Selecting, Monitoring, and Assisting Transformative Leaders.
Arizona Charter School Program Vision:
Challenging Curriculum, Engaging Instruction and Rigorous Assessment
The Arizona Charter Schools Program (AZ CSP) is a competitive start-up grant that supports visionary leaders who will form charter schools which will improve student achievement to high academic standards and improve high school student achievement and graduation rates. Special preference will be awarded to those leaders who form schools in urban and rural areas with a history of poor academic performance.
The 2014-16* Arizona Charter Schools Program (AZ CSP) start-up grant application will take place in two rounds.
Round I is for 1) the federally sponsored AZ Charter Schools Association administrated Aspiring Leaders Fellows and 2) applicants who will serve student populations with over 75% Free and Reduced Lunch and have not yet determined their authorizer.
Round II is applicants whose charters have been authorized, including both first time charter applicants and schools approved for replication.
*Awards for Rounds I and II will be released in January 2013 and March 2013 respectively.
2014-2016 Application Documents
- Monitoring Handbook 2013
- Monitoring Handbook 2012
- Parent Resources
- References & Resources
- Special Note to Arizona School Districts
- Charter School Information
- Charter School Program, Nonregulatory Guidance
- AZ CSP FY 2014-2106 Round II Training March 28, 2013
- CSP Monitoring Training PowerPoint Presentation
- Grants Management Training Project Year 2013-15 – March 30, 2012
- Identifying Leading Indicators of Success in Charter Schools - February 15, 2012