Important AZCSP Grant Training Update:
Upon review of the AZCSP 2017-19 application training evaluation and follow-up conversations with participants, the AZCSP staff will offer an additional in-person training session which will cover the application rubric in greater detail. The presentation will take place on Thursday, October 29, 2015 at the ADE building, 1535 W. Jefferson, Room 312, 2:00-4:30 pm. The first 30 minutes will review the technical aspects of accessing ADE Grants Management Enterprise and the ins and outs of the GME Application Page. During the following 60 minutes , ADE staff hour will discuss the application rubric language and common mistakes applicants make. The final 60 minutes will be set aside for a breakout session for your team with guiding questions provided by ADE staff. Staff will be available to help you work through some of your issues. The room and AZCSP staff will be available up until 5:00 pm.
Grant Status Update:
The US Department of Education announced on Monday, September 28, 2015, that the Arizona Charter Schools Program (AZCSP) has received a Charter Schools Program (CSP), State Educating Agency (SEA) grant in the amount of $23.6 M grant to continue AZCSP’s work for the next five years. The goal of the program is to award subgrants to highly qualified and effective leaders to create or replicate 30 charter schools over 3 years for disadvantaged students across Arizona. The goal of the awarded schools is to significantly increase student academic outcomes and close achievement gaps for all disadvantaged students aligned with Arizona College and Career Ready Standards.
Twenty-seven (27) states applied for this highly competitive grant, 8 were awarded. Arizona’s application was scored higher than the 27 other state application save one.
Here is a link to the ED CSP website grant award announcement: http://www2.ed.gov/programs/charter/index.html
AZ CSP Subgrant Alert
- AZ CSP Monitoring Procedures
- AZ CSP Charter Schools Closure Procedures
- Monitoring Handbook – 2015-16
- Risk Assessment Process Narrative
- Risk Assessment Score Sheet
- Fiscal Monitoring
- Return of Funds
- CSP Nonregulatory Guidance January 2014
- 2017 – 2019 Project Years Timeline Charts
- Parent Resources
- References and Resources
- Charter School Information
- AZ CSP Grant Application Training Video (October 21, 2015)
- AZ CSP Information Meetings Oct. 13-15, 2015
- CSP Monitoring Training Sept. 1 & 2, 2015
- Identifying Leading Indicators of Success in Charter Schools – February 15, 2012