Eligibility & Application
The Arizona Charter Schools Program (AZCSP) has received a $55 M grant from the US Department of Education, Title IV, Part C, EXPANDING OPPORTUNITY THROUGH QUALITY CHARTER SCHOOLS. The purpose of the grant is to hold competitive applications for school leaders who will open schools serving disadvantaged Arizona students.
Anyone interested in applying the subgrant is welcome to attend the training; however, the only applicants allowed to apply in 2018 must have already submitted their charter application to the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools (ASBCS) last May – or, has submitted a replication application that will be approved by ASBCS in December 2018. Schools authorized by ASU must also be approved by the ASU authorizer by December 2018.
The proposed school shall meet one of the following definitions of educationally disadvantaged:
- A school serving at least 40% racially and ethnically diverse students; or
- A school serving at least 40% economically disadvantaged students eligible for federal lunch program support; or
- A school serving at least 40% students with disabilities; or
- A school serving at least 40% English Language Learners (ELL).
Subrecipients will be supported by $250,000 annual award over a period of five years for a total of $1.25 M. Five award competitions will be held annually in November 2018 through 2022. Subrecipients must agree to participate in AZCSP staff and contractor instructional and finance/operational/grants management technical assistance all five years.
For further information call Mark Francis, 602.542.4020, [email protected].
The 2018 AZCSP application is in three parts:
- the Registration Form which must be completed and sent to [email protected] in order to receive the AZCSP Application after October 10, 2018.
- the Grant Eligibility Form which will be reviewed by AZCSP staff for eligibility determination and data collection.
- AZCSP applicants must notify their authorizer that they intend to apply for Arizona Charter Schools Program grant. Those applicants notifying Arizona State Board for Charter Schools, send the email notification to [email protected]. Applicants must send a copy of the notification to [email protected].
- the AZCSP Application to be scored by an independent evaluation team.