Applying for the State Tutoring Grant
Before applying for the grant, please ensure that each school who wishes to utilize the program is educated on the eligibility requirements.
- Pupils attending an underperforming or failing school according to the A-F Letter Grade Accountability classification (D or F)
- A pupil who has failed to pass one or more portions of the AIMS testing grades 8 through 12 in order to graduate from high school
- 9th or 10th graders who did not pass their 8th grade AIMS
- 11th or 12th graders who have not passed the high school AIMS in order to graduate
Applying for the Grant
The application process can be broken down into four steps.
- Checking the Cut Score Lists (D-F Schools :: Failed HS AIMS) to determine the maximum allocation you can apply for your LEA/School(s) *(See Worksheet Information below)
- Emailing a worksheet [Acrobat Reader XI Recommended] to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emailing a contact information worksheet [Acrobat Reader XI Recommended] (Excel Alterative) listing each school partaking in the program to email@example.com, we will contact you about your submitted information
- Enter the grant application into the new Grants Management system
After these steps are done, State Tutoring will contact each school to obtain the any other pertinant information such as tutors that we need from them.
State Tutoring requires the worksheet to ensure that the coding of the grant is accurate and correct.
Some items to be aware of:
- The total requested amount should indicate what the LEA realistically will spend on the program, not the maximum amount
- Only one coordinator per school is allowed and a paid coordinator cannot be a principal, administrative assistant or paraprofessional
- Contracted tutors (1000-6300) are tutors that are not on your payroll
- The stipend plus benefits must equal to $40 an hour which the worksheet helps calculate
- This worksheet should match up to what is submitted on Grants Management
If a coordinator is listed under the contact sheet for an LEA/School, State Tutoring will contact them so we can get an accurate list of authorized tutors along with a letter of intent that a program is taking place. For further information for the requirements of tutors, please refer to their information page.