Parent and Community Member Participation in Standards Working Group
- Parents and Community Members who wish to participate in standards working groups should submit an online application. This application is for individuals who do not currently work within the K-12 school system or within institutes of higher education. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the development and revision process. The ADE is currently accepting applications to participate in science and social studies working groups. Apply Here or use this link: http://www.azed.gov/newstandards-practices/parent-and-community-member-volunteer-working-group-application/. The application closes on Friday May 11, 2018.
- Upon review of applications, participants who meet the desired qualifications may be selected for working groups.
- Parents and Community Members will engage in working groups through an accordion model in the revision process.
- Attendance of parents and community members will vary at working group meetings to ensure a variety of stakeholders are represented.
- Parents and Community Members selected to participate in a working group meeting can anticipate volunteering approximately seven hours.
- Parents and Community Members will be reimbursed for mileage and lodging within the Arizona Department of Education guidelines.