Video or online professional development:
- Instructional video referencing the components of the English Language Arts Common Core are available through the Hunt Institute
- Common Core Video Series
- Professional Development Resources Focusing on Mathematical Practices
The Iowa Department of Education has organized professional development materials (including assessments and students cases) to help teachers better understand the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- Inside Mathematics: A Focus on Tools for Coaches
Inside Mathematics has organized materials that will help coaches/teacher leaders lay out a year-long professional learning sequence, observe classroom practices and help educators reflect on their teaching, and work to support teachers in raising student learning outcomes.
- MSPnet Academy
The MSPnet Academy includes a series of Webinars from leaders in the MSP community and beyond on topics that will address STEM teaching and learning, policy, and professional development. These webinars include topics focusing on the content of the Common Core Standards in mathematics.
- NCSM Illustrating Mathematical Practices
These ready-to-use professional development materials are designed to help teachers understand the Standards for Mathematical Practice and implement them in their classrooms.
- CCSS Curriculum Analysis Tool and Professional Development Materials
This project is developing tools for assessing the potential of curriculum materials to support students’ attainment of the CCSS, including the Standards for Mathematical Practice. The tools, and supporting professional development materials, will be disseminated by CCSSO and NCSM.