The Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) to support states’ planning as they transition to next-generation assessments launched in late March 2012.
- PARCC Assessment Administration Guidance NEW (03/2013)
- Netcraft Analysis: Online Speed Testing Tools (SETDA 02/25/2013)
- Technology Guidelines for PARCC Assessments – Version 2.1 February 2013 NEW – UPDATED
The document provides minimum and recommended specifications for computer hardware, input devices, and security requirements; and suggests recommended levels of bandwidth that will support schools instructional and assessment needs. It does not yet set minimum bandwidth specifications. Schools, districts, and states can use these guidelines to determine the eligibility of existing computers as test-taking devices for the 2014-215 PARCC assessments.
Updates in this version include:
- Clarification about the minimum RAM for iPads running iOS 6.
- Clarifications about the requirements for input devices including touchscreens and Bluetooth/wireless keyboards.
- Clarification about screen resolution requirements.
- Technology Readiness for College and Career Ready Teaching, Learning and Assessment (SETDA 12/2012)
- Press Release: Policymakers, K-12 School Leaders Must Address Technology Needs for College and Career Ready Teaching, Learning and Assessment – December 4, 2012
Dates to Remember
TRT Data Upload – Data Collection Window - Friday, June 14, 2013
Please continue to collect and enter or update your data
How to Use the TechReadiness Tool Webinar February 2013
Updating Information in the TechReadiness Tool Webinar February 2013