The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a consortium of states working together to develop a common set of K-12 assessments in English and math anchored in what it takes to be ready for college and careers. These new K-12 assessments will build a pathway to college and career readiness by the end of high school, mark students’ progress toward this goal from 3rd grade up, and provide teachers with timely information to inform instruction and provide student support. The PARCC assessments will be ready for Arizona to administer during the 2014-2015 school year.
The PARCC Vision
Arizona and other PARCC states have committed to building a K-12 assessment system that:
- Builds a pathway to college and career readiness for all students,
- Created high-quality assessments that measure the full range of the Common Core State Standards,
- Supports educators in the classroom,
- Makes better use of technology in assessments, and
- Advances accountability at all levels.
PARCC Accommodations-Public Comments Wanted
April 18 – May 13, 2013