Arizona School Leaders and Educators,
Please review and provide feedback on the PARCC Accommodations Manual addressing accommodations for students with disabilities and English Learners. Your feedback is critical and the careful consideration of allowable accommodations will greatly impact our students. PARCC will be accepting public comments from April 18 through May 13, 2013.
The draft PARCC Accommodations Manual is a comprehensive policy document that will support local educators in the selection, administration, and evaluation of accommodations for the assessment of SWD and ELs on the PARCC End-of-Year, Performance-Based, and Mid-Year assessment components.
The majority of the proposed accommodations policies in the Manual are currently in use across PARCC states. What is different from many current state accommodations manuals, however, is that the draft PARCC Manual includes not only proposed participation and accommodations policies for SWD and ELs, but also information about tools that will be provided through PARCC’s computer-based assessment delivery system for all students to optimize their performance on the assessments.
The purpose of the stakeholder input process is to engage and encourage feedback from critical stakeholders to meet four specific objectives:
- Strengthen the draft PARCC Accommodations Manual through strong and targeted feedback from multiple perspectives.
- Build awareness and understanding of the draft Manual among critical stakeholders in states.
- Encourage support and buy-in of the draft Manual by giving critical players and the public the opportunity to engage in the development process.
- Inform the decisions of Governing Board when they vote to adopt the PARCC Accommodations Manual on June 26, 2013.
After the public comment period, PARCC will review and analyze stakeholder feedback in order to make necessary changes to finalize the Manual. The full PARCC Governing Board will be asked to vote on the adoption of the final first edition of the Manual on June 26, 2013.
There are separate surveys for EL and SWD accommodations to be completed following your review at this link to the PARCC website:
PARCC welcomes your feedback on the draft PARCC Accommodations Manual:
- To share your comments on the proposed accommodations policies for students with disabilities, please complete the feedback survey CLICK HERE.
- To share your comments on the proposed accommodations policies for English learners, please complete the feedback survey CLICK HERE.
- To share comments on both sections of the Manual, please complete both surveys.
If you have any questions please call the Assessment Section at 602.542.5031.
Thank you for taking the time to review this important document.