Special Education Directors,
The final IDEA allocations have now been pushed into Grants Management within ADEConnect. The amounts were published on September 18, 2018 and PEAs can now access their funding applications to take advantage of their fully entitled allocations.
If your entity already had an application that was SEA (State Education Agency) Director approved, your grant will be put into revised status for you to apply for the different funding amount. If your application has not already been SEA Director approved, then the adjustments are now loaded in Grants Management for your PEA to submit.
The original timeline for loading allocation adjustments is provided below.
ESS has completed the revisions to the allocations and related actions per the following timelines:
- September 18 – Publish the spreadsheet with all allocation revisions (detailed by source) for IDEA Entitlement grants
- September 21 – Provide Grants Management with the required information and indicate notes in the history log of individual PEA grants of the adjustments
- September 24 to 28 – Grant applications will be moved into a revision status if they are already approved. Grants that are not approved will have the revision loaded with no status change.
- October 1 – ESS will begin to review any grant revisions utilizing the revised funds.
If there are any questions, please view resources and information at the ESS Operations webpage: http://www.azed.gov/specialeducation/operations/ or contact ESS Program Management at [email protected].
- 18.10.01 – Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Final IDEA Allocations are Loaded into Grants Management