What is Facilitated IEP?
Facilitated IEP is a process in which a student’s IEP is developed by a collaborative team in a structured meeting. The team includes all required IEP team members who share the responsibility for the meeting process and results, and decision-making is managed with effective facilitation skills. IEP facilitation is a student-focused process in which a trained individual (facilitator) assists the IEP team in developing an IEP that provides a free appropriate public education (FAPE) to the student. The Dispute Resolution Unit believes there are three components needed to facilitate a successful IEP meeting: standardized meeting practices; knowledge of the IEP process; and the use of meeting management skills that aid in minimizing conflict and maximizing collaboration. Dispute Resolution offers Facilitated IEP training designed to teach these three components.
Facilitated IEP Trainings for 2015
Because the six regional Facilitated IEP (FIEP) trainings in the fall of 2014 were so successful, the Arizona Department of Education/Dispute Resolution Unit is happy to announce additional FIEP trainings for 2015 and 2016. The two-day FIEP training is $75.00 (the cost increases to $100 in 2016) and includes breakfast, lunch, and training materials. Sign-in is from 8:30 – 9:00. The Training runs from 9:00 – 4:00
Host a Facilitated IEP Training and your school can send five participants at no cost. Contact Amy Dill at the number below for more information.
Who Should Attend: Any school personnel involved in a student’s IEP including special education and general education teachers, district representatives, and school psychologists. (Maximum 50 participants)
Click on the ADE Calendar of Events to register for FIEP training. You will need to advance to the particular month of the training, click on the date (the actual number), and then click on FIEP to register and/or get additional information about that particular session. Check back as new FIEP trainings are still being added.
- September 17-18, 2015 at the Arizona Department of Education – Jefferson Building, 1535 W. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007 – 3rd floor
- September 23-24, 2015 – Ganado Unified School District – Highway 264, Ganado, AZ 86505
- November 17-18, 2015 – Littleton Elementary School District, 1600 S. 107th Avenue, Avondale, AZ 85323
- December 1-2, 2015 – Humboldt Unified School District, 6411 N. Robert Road, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
Beginning in 2016, the cost of FIEP training will increase to $100.00 per participant.
- January 21-22, 2016 – Crane Elementary School District, Crane Middle School, 4450 West 32nd Street, Yuma, AZ 85364
- February 11-12, 2016 – Shonto Preparatory School, East Hwy 160 Rt 98, Shonto, AZ 86054
- February 18-19, 2016 – Phoenix Elementary School District, 1817 N. 7th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85006
- April 25-26, 2016 – Santa Cruz Valley Unified School District, 570 Camino Lito Galindo, Rio Rico, AZ 85648
Contact: Amy Dill @ 602-542-7579
Back to Dispute Resolution