Team up a special education teacher or leader with a general education teacher or leader and get 50% off one registration!
Throughout the two-day workshop participants will have the opportunity to engage in whole group, small group, and paired collaborative discussions within grade level and content areas to refine collaborative practices between general education and special education and develop and write AZCCRS standards-based Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals.
During this two-day workshop, participants will:
• Expand understanding of the AZCCRS for ELA/Literacy and Mathematics in order to develop standards-aligned IEP goals aligned to the student’s AZCCRS present levels of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAFP)
• Integrate research of how children learn to order to identify areas of need in the development of IEP goals
• Obtain a solid understanding of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) to integrate learning into daily practice
• Develop and write standards-aligned IEP goals related to students’ needs as described in the PLAAFP
• Discuss and explore how to use and differentiate assessments based on students’ IEPs to inform instruction
• Explore and use readily available resources, tools, and evidenced-based strategies to support students with disabilities to access the AZCCRS in ELA/Literacy and Mathematics
Please bring laptop or iPad to the training if possible.
March 23-24, 2015
Registration and breakfast at 7:30 AM
Yuma Union High School District Vista South Campus
221 E. 26th Place
Yuma, AZ 85364
Breakfast and lunch provided each day for both sessions.
Registration Fee: $125 covers the two-day attendance, or team up a special education teacher or leader with a general education teacher or leader and get 50% off one registration (i.e., $125.00 for the special educator, $62.50 for general educator). Please type ‘discount’ after the payment number when registering the general education teacher or leader.
Make payment payable to Arizona Department of Education.
Arizona Department of Education
Attn: Abby Sanchez
1535 W. Jefferson, Bin #24
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Who Should Attend: Special education directors, special education teachers, and administrators.
Contact: Linda Mosteller @ 6025424469
Click to register on the ADE Events Registration Page.