The Exceptional Student Services (ESS) mission is to provide high quality service that builds capacity to improve outcomes for all students. The vision of ESS is that all students, including students with a disability, are well prepared for the next step, whether that is college, technical/trade school, career, job, or other means of engagement. To achieve this vision, ESS is establishing a system of supports that wraps around educators to improve student outcomes—academically, behaviorally, and functionally.
Contact ESS – 602-542-4013 – ESSDesk@azed.gov
For a complete list of program areas and resources, please use the ESS Site Index.
- Migration to BREAZ Accounting System
- Public Notice Regarding Application for Federal Funds under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA)
- SELECT Summer 2015 Courses
- 2015 IDEA Basic Entitlement Allocations for Arizona Public Schools – NEW POSTING
- Alternate Assessment Newsletter for Special Educators Includes Accountability Tips
- The Use of Seclusion and Restraint: A Guidance Document on Best Practices
- Move On When Reading Monitoring Alert
- Information Regarding Replacement of “Mental Retardation” with “Intellectual Disability”
- 2015 Directors Institute
- Arizona’s Fifteenth Annual Transition Conference
- AzTAP’s 17th Annual Assistive Technology Conference
- 2016 IDEA – STMP-CCRTT Year 1 Grant-Funded Training Alert
- 2016 IDEA – SETTA (Special Education Teacher Tuition Assistance) Grant
- 2016 IDEA – Az-Tech
- 2016 IDEA – EDISA 2
- 2016 IDEA – EDISA 1
ESS Conference Pages
|Arizona’s Fifteenth Annual Transition Conference|
|Twenty-sixth Annual Directors Institute|
Archived Conference Pages
For a complete list of all ESS Programs, please use the Site Index.
- AZ FIND (Child Find)
- Dispute Resolution
- Professional Learning and Sustainability
- Program Support and Monitoring
- Secondary Transition
- Assistive Technology
- Resources for Parents
- Event Registration
- Staff Directory
- AZ Promising Practices
- Resources for Special Education Directors
Please note the new address of the Arizona Department of Education, Exceptional Student Services section’s Phoenix office.
3300 N. Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Click on the map to get driving directions.