Rigorous Program of Study Framework
Ten Components and Subcomponents
LEGISLATION AND POLICIES
Federal, state, and local legislation or administrative policies promote POS development and implementation.
Effective legislation and policies should:
- Provide for state and/or local funding and other resources, such as professional development and dedicated staff time, for POS development.
- Establish formal procedures for the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of POS.
- Ensure opportunities for any secondary student to participate in a POS.
- Require secondary students to develop an individual graduation or career plan.
- Provide resources for long term sustainability of POS. >>>Next>>>