Rigorous Program of Study Framework
Ten Components and Subcomponents
GUIDANCE COUNSELING AND ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT
Guidance counseling and academic advisement help students to make informed decisions about which POS to pursue.
Comprehensive guidance counseling and academic advisement systems:
- Are based on state and/or local guidance and counseling standards, such as the National Career Development Guidelines.
- Ensure that guidance, counseling, and advisement professionals have access to up-to-date information about POS offerings to aid students in their decision making.
- Offer information and tools to help students learn about postsecondary education and career options, including prerequisites for particular POS.
- Offer resources for students to identify their career interests and aptitudes and to select appropriate POS.
- Provide information and resources for parents to help their children prepare for college and careers, including workshops on college and financial aid applications.
- Offer Web-based resources and tools for obtaining student financial assistance. >>>Next>>>