- The School Safety Program is a state-funded grant that places School Resource Officers (SROs) and/or Juvenile Probation Officers (JPOs) in selected schools to contribute to safe school environments that are conducive to teaching and learning. School Safety Program officers maintain a visible presence on campus; deter delinquent and violent behaviors; serve as an available resource to the school community; and provide students and staff with Law-Related Education (LRE) instruction and training. The goal of LRE is to prepare students for responsible citizenship by promoting the development of those characteristics that lead to healthy behavior. LRE is the instruction about rules, laws and the legal system which actively involves the students towards its goal.
NOTE: All FY2018 School Safety Program grant applicants will be notified of application status by the end of June or early July.
School Safety Program Resources
SSP Tools for Success Toolbox:
- LRE Best Practices Tool
- Officer Performance Assessment Tool for Administrators
- Operational Plan Checklist
- Operational Plan Template
- SSAPT Model Agenda
- SSP Weekly Activity Log & Instructions
- Data Resources
- Campus Concerns
- Data Story Form
- Designing an Exceptional Plan Tools for Success Webinar