5. Can a school require proof of where the student lives (rent receipt, lease agreement, utility receipt) that prevents or delays enrollment?

No. Homeless students, by definition, lack a fixed residence and cannot be required to provide traditional proof of residency, if doing so is not possible or would delay enrollment. An affidavit explaining the lack of residency proof can be completed as an alternative.

Posted in: Homeless