Welcome to the Arizona Department of Education Policy Development and Government Relations Office!
To serve Arizona’s Superintendent of Public Instruction and the State’s education community, ensuring every student has access to an excellent education.
The Policy Development and Government Relations Office is focused on representing the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the department to all levels of local, state, and federal government. Policy Development and Government Relations keeps policymakers informed of the Department’s perspective on issues affecting K-12 education, while keeping internal customers informed of what changes are necessary to comply with state or federal policy changes. Policy Development and Government Relations also develops and disseminates guidance and technical assistance to the department’s external customers as necessary.
Please feel free to provide any input to [email protected].
- Ashley Berg, Associate Superintendent of Policy Development & Government Relations
- Kristian Fasching, Executive Director of Policy Development & Government Relations
- Rebeca Barela, Executive Assistant
- Cassie O’Quinn, Ombudsman
- Alexis Burkhart, Communications Specialist
The Ombudsman works with parents, students and teachers to help them resolve complaints by facilitating their interactions with other educational government agencies. The Ombudsman also looks at patterns of complaint within the Department of Education and uses that data to provide better customer service to the families and educators we serve.
- ADE Legislation, Budget & Proposals Review Sessions for ADE Staff new
- 2015 Title 15 Report Final 12.15