The Arizona Department of Education (ADE) Family Engagement Initiative is a cross-division effort to build and strengthen partnerships between families, schools, and communities. Driven by a vision that “All families are engaged in their child’s education to enhance student achievement,” ADE is committed to delivering resources and proven practices that can aid this important cause.
Tools for Parents
- What are my Rights as a Parent?
- How Can No Child Left Behind Help Me?
- Parent and Family Engagement (U.S. Department of Education)
- Ways to Engage in Your Child’s School to Support Student Health and Learning
Tools for Schools
Family Engagement Frameworks
- U.S. Department of Education Dual Capacity Building Framework For Family-School Partnerships
- Six Types of Involvement – Keys to Successful Partnerships (Dr. Joyce Epstein)
- Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework: Promoting Family Engagement and School Readiness from Prenatal to Age 8
- National PTA Standards for Family-School Partnerships: An Implementation Guide
- Early Childhood
- Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards
- Partners in Education (U.S. Department of Education)
- A New Wave of Evidence: The Impact of School, Family, and Community Connections on Student Achievement
- Beyond Random Acts: Family, School, and Community Engagement as an Integral Part of Education Reform
- Family Engagement in Education: Seven Principles for Success
- Promoting Parent Engagement: Improving Student Health and Academic Achievement (Information for School Districts and School Administrators)
- Promoting Parent Engagement: Improving Student Health and Academic Achievement (Information for Teachers and Other School Staff)
- Tools for Required Parent Involvement Programs
- ADE Family Engagement Resources
- National Network of Partnership Schools – Johns Hopkins University
- Harvard Family Research Project
Do you have questions or feedback for ADE’s Family Engagement Initiative? Please send them to us at FamilyEngagement@azed.gov.