The 2016 OELAS Conference is sponsored by the Office of English Language Acquisition Services unit of the Arizona Department of Education and will be held December 7-9, 2016 at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort in Tucson, Arizona. This conference will provide meaningful professional development opportunities for educators of ELLs, designed to help meet the unique challenges faced in the Structured English Immersion or mainstream classroom. There will also be sessions geared toward administrators who support, coach, guide, and assess within an English language acquisition program in the state of Arizona. Sessions will be presented by both national and local experts, and participants will gain information and skills that can be put to practical use.
- Conference Registration: $395 per person
- Online registration is open August 17, 2016 – November 16, 2016
- A purchase order, check, or credit card is required for registration
- Your invoice number (emailed to you upon completed registration) is your confirmation number
- Breakfast and lunch each day are included
- Conference cancellations / substitutions must be made on or before November 23, 2016.
Awards Program and Banquet
A banquet to honor the 2016 Arizona ELL award winners will be held on Wednesday evening, December 7, 2016. Award winners will include the 2016 Arizona ELL Teacher of the Year and the 2016 Arizona ELL Student Success Stories recipients. Separate registration is required for this event. There is no additional charge to attend the banquet for registered conference attendees; however, we must emphasize that your registration is a commitment to attend.
OELAS Conference Coordinator: Candis Middlebrook / Email: [email protected]