Title I, Part D: Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth who are Neglected, Delinquent, or at-risk of Dropping out.
The purpose of the Title I, Part D program is:
- to improve educational services to children in local and state institutions for neglected or delinquent children and youth, so that such children and youth have the opportunity to meet the same state content standards and student performance standards that all children are expected to meet;
- to provide such children and youth the services needed to make a successful transition from institutionalization to further schooling or employment; and
- to prevent at-risk youth from dropping out of school and provide dropouts and youth returning from institutions with a support system to ensure their continued education.
Title I, Part D is divided into two subparts:
- NDTAC Annual Count FAQ’s
- NDTAC Webinar on Annual Count
- October Count Facility Survey for LEA’s 2003 Word
- Federal N or D Guidelines
- National Evaluation and Technical Assistance Center
The Information Sharing Guide is available from the Arizona Juvenile Justice Commission, Governor’s Office for Children, Youth and Families in cooperation with the Department of Education and other Arizona State government agencies. This Information Sharing Guide states allowable information concerning youth to share with others.
For more information, contact:
State N & D Coordinator: Jim Lovett
Education Program Specialist
Tel: (602) 364-1926