Available resources including sample menus, outreach methods and materials, and activity ideas. Also, view and download advertisements that promote the program statewide.
Summer Lunch Buddies Toolkit
The electronic outreach toolkit is available for sponsors, sites and partners working to increase participation in the Summer Food Service Program. The toolkit includes materials for print like generic and customizable posters, flyers, postcards and bookmarks. There are posting calendars for Facebook and Twitter, blurbs for newsletters and talking points for media interviews.
Find the Summer Lunch Buddies toolkit on EatWellBeWell.org or download the Summer Lunch Buddies toolkit as a zip file.
Farm to Summer Week: June 11-15, 2018
The Arizona Department of Education is hosting a Farm to Summer Week during the week of June 11th-15th to celebrate the summer harvest through the Summer Food Service Program. There are many benefits to Farm to Summer like exposing children to a variety of products that may not be available during the school year and continued enjoyment of school gardens while school is out. Visit the Arizona Farm to School page for more information regarding Farm to Summer, including registration forms and an outreach toolkit!
The links below provide access to sample menus, partnerships, best practices and other helpful websites for improving and expanding your Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- USDA Summer Food Service Program
- USDA Capacity Builder
- USDA Summer Meals Toolkit
- SFSP Fact Sheets
- USDA Farm to Summer
- Find Summer Meals in Your Community
Arizona State Agencies
- Arizona Farm to Summer Week June 11-15th
- At-Risk Afterschool Program
- Arizona Department of Economic Security
- Arizona Department of Health Services – Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
No Kid Hungry – Best Practices
Food Research and Action Center
- Arizona Association of Food Banks
- Arizona Partnership to End Childhood Hunger
- Arizona Hunger Campaign
- WHEAT – World Hunger Education, Advocacy & Training
- Feeding America
The Arizona Department of Education (ADE) and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) create and distribute outreach materials for sponsor and public use. Feel Free to download and personalize materials to market the SFSP in your area.
Summer Food Service Program Resources
- Door Hanger
- Bookmarks (Color and Black/White)
- Media Contacts
- Letter for participating sponsor to send to parents/guardians – Template #1
- Letter for non-participating sponsor to send to parents/guardians – Template #2
- Refrigerator Magnets
- How you can Help Postcard
- Ideas for 40 Days of Summer Fun
- Request for Donation Letter
Television and radio public service announcements (PSAs) were created to advertise the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) at a statewide level.
- Valley of the Sun United Way – SFSP Activity Resource Guide
- Staying in the Black: Tips for Operating a Cost-Effective Simplified SFSP
- Tips for Increasing Participation in the Simplified SFSP
- How to Implement Summer Food Standards of Excellence in your Community
- Farm to School Meets Summer Food
- SFSP Talking Points Flyer
- SFSP Site Supervisor’s Guide to Dos and Don’ts
- SFSP Site Supervisor’s Guide to Offer vs. Serve
- SFSP Site Supervisor’s Guide to Accurate Meal Counting and Claiming