Be Apple Smart!! Join the Healthy Snacking School Movement
- School Nutrition Association (SNA) has partnered with our friends over at the U.S. Apple Association and the National Association of State Departments of Agriculture on a new initiative called Apples4Ed. Starting this week, schools across the country will compete for a $10,000 grant to bring a healthy snacking program to their campus—and we encourage you to jump in and nominate your school.
- What types of projects will be funded? All kinds. Give us your best idea.
- Do you want to harvest a school garden on campus?
- Or do you have big plans for a snack pantry to keep students fueled and energized through the day?
- What about a new cooking and fitness competition to promote healthy lifestyles? Get creative!
- Go to www.apples4ed.com to learn more and submit your idea through the online form before November 30, 2017.