The federal No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB), reauthorized in 2001, requires that all teachers be highly qualified in the core academic content area(s) they teach. NCLB places major emphasis upon teacher quality as a factor in improving achievement for all students. This emphasis grows out of the research showing that teachers’ mastery of the academic content they teach is critical to engaging students and is a significant factor in raising levels of student achievement.
- Highly Qualified Information for Paraprofessionals, Teachers and Administrators
- Requirements for Teachers Issuing 7-8 Grade Students High School Credit in Mathematics (9th Grade Algebra)
- Highly Qualified Teacher Reporting
- Appropriately Certified and Highly Qualified Comparison
- Highly Qualified Resources and Trainings
- Links to Related Websites
Tel: (602) 364-1842 Fax: (602) 542-5010 Director of Effective Teachers and Leaders (formerly Title II-A): Steve Larson Deputy Associate Superintendent of Educator Excellence Section: Mark McCall Highly Effective Teachers and Leaders Arizona Department of Education, Bin 45 1535 West Jefferson Street Phoenix, Arizona 85007