In order to apply for the program, please complete steps 1-3
- If you do not have an active CTDS number please complete “Item 7.” below in the “If Applicable” section below and contact School Finance.
- The blue font indicates a hyperlink to the document or webpage specified.
- Do not hesitate to contact the Health and Nutrition Services office at the Arizona Department of Education (602) 542-8700, toll free at 1+ (800) 352-4558 or email ADESchoolNutriton@azed.gov for further assistance.
Choose which programs your organization would like to administer, and indicate on your Food Program Permanent Service Agreement (FPPSA). For more information regarding the various programs, visit Program Description and Requirements. Selecting programs does not mean you have to participate, however if you later decide to participate in a non-selected program you will have to submit a new FPPSA for that program.
All documents below need to be signed by the Designated Official on page 18, the Signature Page of the FPPSA.
The FPPSA and additional forms below must be submitted in hard copy to the Arizona Department of Education’s Health and Nutrition Services Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) office.
Mail original documents to:
National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs
Arizona Department of Education
1535 W. Jefferson, Bin #7
Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Sponsor Application Process Statement – print this and use as a checklist. When completed sign and submit with the complete package.
- Food Program Permanent Service Agreement (2 originals must be submitted for ADE approval signature)
- The Certification Page (pg. 17) and the Signature Page (pg. 18) designate Authorized Signatures for all future documents submitted for CNP and are valid once the Associate Superintendent signs the Agreement. Your organization name on this document should match the information submitted to School Finance when you requested your CTDS number.
- ADD / CHANGE / DELETE (Health and Nutrition Services Entity Data Form) – see Item 7 below if you do not already have a CTDS number.
- Request access to CNP which is used to complete program requirements – Common Logon Permissions Request for NSLP. (more than one user per organization is recommended)
- Free and Reduced Price Policy Statement (This form outlines your policies for determining student eligibility for meal benefits. Please complete this form and send one signed copy to ADE.)
- Civil Rights Pre-Award Compliance PDF Word
- State of Arizona Substitute W-9 Form
- DUNS Number Form
- Certification Regarding Debarment
- Certification Regarding Lobbying
- Menu Certification – follow the Step by Step Guidance for How to Prepare a Certification Package located at: http://www.azed.gov/health-nutrition/nslp/menu-certification/. Then, submit the documents (rather than upload) via email to ADESchoolNutrition@azed.gov
- Private Organizations require: Copy of tax-exemption 501(c)(3) letter from the IRS
- Private Organizations require: Annual Financial Report (AFR) – Common Logon Permissions Request for CNP Annual Financial Report Access
- Residential Facilities require: Copy of current license for each site(s) participating in the program
- USDA Foods Program participation requires: Food Distribution Program Delivery Information Form (School Nutrition Programs Application)
- Caterer/Vendor Contract (see Contracting for Meal Service)
- Food Service Management Company Contract/Addendum/Renewal (see Contracting for Meal Service)
- School Finance Entity Profile Form – request a CTDS number
New sponsors of the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program must complete training and submit training certificate/s. In-person classes and online modules are available. Click here for more information.
Once the Food Program Permanent Service Agreement is signed by both parties (the Arizona Department of Education and you, the sponsoring agency), your Common Logon Permissions form will be processed. Upon issuance of a Common Logon user ID and password, the sponsoring agency must submit an on-line application via the CNP System. Programs available for on-line application are NSLP, SBP, USDA Foods and the After School Care Snack Program.
The following items must be submitted via the CNPWeb Program as part of the on-line application:
- Site Information Page
- Sponsor Application Information Page
Once your application has been reviewed and approved, the School Food Authority Contact listed on the Sponsor Application Page will receive an online confirmation (via the CNP System) and an approval letter by Certified Mail, along with one of the Food Program Permanent Service Agreement signed by you, the sponsoring agency, and the Associate Superintendent of Health & Nutrition Services. This document is important for you to have on file. It is not until you receive both approvals (signed Food Program Permanent Service Agreement and CNPWeb online approval) that you may begin claiming reimbursable meals served to the students.