2015 NAGC Conference in Phoenix – November 12-15
Classroom teachers, gifted/talented coordinators, school administrators, researchers, parents, college and university faculty, and more will converge in Phoenix, November 12-15, 2015, for the 62nd Annual NAGC Convention. Agenda and Registration Link
There is something for everyone… click here for more details:
- 300+ content-rich sessions covering 15 topic strands in gifted education;
- Updates from experts in the field on the latest research in gifted education;
- Networking opportunities with fellow gifted educators, administrators, and parents of gifted children; and an
- Exhibit hall featuring new products, publications, technology, and resources
Parent Day & Kids Program at the NAGC Conference – Saturday, November 14, 2015
- Parent day attendees will have a special session with Julie Hudy, “Maker Mom,” following the Saturday general session with Joe Hudy and Jason Babler. She will be on hand to answer questions about all things Joey and the Maker Movement. Agenda and Parent Registration Link
- Separate Registration Required: $45 per parent (grandparent, etc.)
No meals included
- NAGC Kids’ Program with special guest appearances by Joe Hudy
$35 per child (grades K-8)
Due to food allergies, parents are required to provide a bag lunch for their kids
- Each grade group (K-8) will enjoy a full day of classroom activity run by student teachers from ASU and will be joined by Joe Hudy to MAKE something and showcase it at the end of the day.
K-Grade 1: Saavy Science
Grades 2-3: Amazing Alien Architecture
Grades 4-5: Beading Designs
Grades 6-8: Shake it Up wit
2015 Martin D. Jenkins Scholar Award – deadline September 15
Applications are being accepted for the 2015 Martin D. Jenkins Scholar Award! This student award is named in honor of Dr. Jenkins, Father of Research on Gifted Blacks, and it is designed to honor the achievements of highly gifted Black students who excel academically in school. Last year in Baltimore, Maryland, 7 students received the award for a combination of exceptional test scores, exemplary schoolwork, competitions won, accelerated courses and dual enrollment or early entracnce into collegiate courses. This year, students will receive their award, during the National Association of Gifted Children 62nd Annual Convention and Exhibition in Phoenix, Arizona, on Saturday, November 14, 2015. We are excited about this year’s theme: Everything Gifted Under the Sun.
Award Benefits. Recipient:
- will receive $300 Cash Award and certificate of recognition
- and parents will receive 1 year Parent membership in NAGC and Special Populations Network
- are required to attend a featured session at NAGC or share a 3 minute video
- are required to share brief end of school year report on academic progress by email.
In order to receive full consideration, materials must be received by Tuesday, September 15th, by 5:00 pm. Awardees and nominators will be notified by email and/or phone call by the week of October 5th. Information and directions to attend the special session at the National Association for Gifted Children convention in Phoenix, AZ will also be provided.
Email all materials to the following three Jenkins Scholar committee members and let us know if you have any questions.
1. Dr. Joy Lawson Davis, email@example.com Virginia Union Univ., NAGC Executive Board Member. GRACE & SPN Member
2. Dr. Donna Y. Ford, firstname.lastname@example.org , Vanderbilt Univ., NAGC Gifted Racial Accountability & Commitment to Equity (GRACE) Co-Chair
3. Dr. Tarek Grantham, email@example.com Univ. of Georgia, NAGC Special Populations Network Chair
Teachers who work with gifted learners must be provided with professional development support based on a plan outlined within a school district’s Scope and Sequence for Gifted Education. Also, teachers whose primary responsibility is teaching gifted learners must have, or be working towards earning, an Arizona Gifted Education K-12 Endorsement.
- Requirements for Gifted Education, K-12 Endorsements
- Application for Certification
- All Arizona Endorsements
- Educator Certification Website
- NAGC Gifted Standards
On-Line Gifted Classes