Arizona Association for the Gifted and Talented
39th Annual Conference
February 7 & 8, 2013
“Gifted Matters in the 21st Century”
The Arizona Association for Gifted and Talented (AAGT) is hosting their 39th Annual State Gifted Education Conference: Gifted Matters in the 21st Century!, on February 7 & 8, 2013 at the Black Canyon Conference Center.
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Linda Silverman, a psychologist, researcher, teacher, parent, and author, whose latest book, Giftedness 101, is expected to be released in February
- Erik Frances, an educator for over 15 years in middle/high schools and a previous education program specialist at the ADE
- Jean Watts, author of two humor books, published by Great Potential Press, containing hilarious cartoons of gifted children in typical situations at home and at school, and
- Dr. Tamra Stanbaugh, executive director of Programs for Talented Youth at Vanderbilt University and co-author of Comprehensive Curriculum for Gifted Learners and co-editor of Overlooked Gems: A National Perspective on Low-Income Promising Students, the Jacob’s Ladder Reading Comprehension Program (both with Joyce VanTassel-Baska) and Leading Change in Gifted Education (with Bronwyn MacFarlane)
Please check out the AAGT website for more information and registration at http://www.arizonagifted.org/conference/.
Third Annual National Leadership Summit on Identifying and Serving Gifted Native American Students, May 10-11, 2012
You’re invited to join Dr. Jaime A. Castellano on May 10-11, at the
Third Annual National Leadership Summit:
Identifying and Serving Gifted Native American Students.
The summit will take place in Ganado, AZ in the heart of the Navajo Nation Indian Reservation. The cost is $150 and includes a continental breakfast and lunch each day.
PHOENIX DESERT SUMMER INSTITUTE
Strategies Sessions for Teachers, Grades 7-10
Gifted Strategies for Teachers, Grades K-6
Courses offered are:
- English Strategies for teachers’ Grades 7-10 (both Tucson and Phoenix sessions)
- Mathematics Strategies (Vertical Teams) for teachers’ grades 7-10 (Tucson session only)
- Social Studies Strategies for teachers’ grades 7-10 (both Tucson and Phoenix sessions)
- Science Strategies for teachers’ grades 7-10 (Tucson session only)
For more information, class syllabus/description, presenter information, special hotel rates, and registration, download the Phoenix Desert Institute Strategies Flyer.
The Arizona Association for Gifted and Talented (AAGT) www.arizongifted.org is hosting their 2012 Parent Institute: Parenting High Ability Children on Saturday, March 31st from 9AM-4PM at the Arizona State University, West Campus (4701 W. Thunderbird Rd., Phoenix, AZ). The cost is only $25 per person.
AAGT is collaborating with ASU West and the Gary K. Herberger Young Scholars Academy to host this outstanding event.
Expert speakers will be on hand, including Dr. Jim Webb – a national expert on parenting gifted learners and supporting their social and emotional development. Topics will include: Social and emotional development; Characteristics of gifted children; Balancing family life; Educational alternatives; Underachievement; Parenting tips by age group – Preschool / Elementary / MS / HS; Academic competitions; and, Preparing and applying for college. A Resource Fair will also be featured, including information and resources regarding: After-school and summer programs; Articles to take home; Local gifted programs and educational alternatives; Parent groups and experts; and, Books, games, and more for purchase from invited vendors.
For more information and registration, please visit www.arizongifted.org.
SAVE THE DATE: Arizona Association for Gifted and Talented 38th Annual State Gifted Education Conference -> 21st Century Learning + Gifted = Bright Futures!
21st Century Learning + Gifted = Bright Futures!
WHEN: February 2 & 3, 2012
WHERE: Black Canyon Conference Center, Phoenix, AZ
WHAT: Great speakers! To include the following keynote presenters:
Dr. James Delisle
Dr. Julia Link Roberts
Dr. Jaime Castellano
Dr. Alice Christie
WHO: Educators and Parents of Gifted and Talented Children and Students.
Over 75 Sessions to advance your understanding of the needs of gifted and talented.
Network with educators from all over Arizona, learn while having a good time!
Please visit www.arizonagifted.org for more information.
Rim Country Differentiated and Gifted Strategies Symposium — Presented by: Payson Unified School District & Payson Area Association for Advanced Learners
Living & Learning with Gifted Children: A Free Regional Workshop for Parents & Teachers of Gifted Children, PK-12 – Presented by Amphitheater Public Schools REACH Department of Gifted Services
Living & Learning with Gifted Children A Free Regional Workshop for Parents & Teachers of Gifted Children, PK-12
Presented by Amphitheater Public Schools, REACH Department of Gifted Services
Teacher recertification/gifted endorsement hours will be available.
Saturday, October 1st, 2011
8 am – 12 noon
Canyon Del Oro High School
25 W. Calle Concordia
Oro Valley, AZ 85704
Issues for Parents of Gifted Children – Dr. Jim Webb
Nationally known speaker and author
CDO Lecture Hall – Building S—9 am
Workshop Sessions include: Building T— 10am – 12 pm
Gifted 101: The Basics Gifted Underachievement
Odyssey of the Mind Coaches Training About International Baccalaureate
Future Problem Solving Training Academic Challenges/Competitions
Exhibitors include: Building N, Art Gallery—8am – 12 pm
Great Potential Press International Baccalaureate (IB)
Odyssey of the Mind Future Problem Solving
Arizona Association for Gifted and Talented (AAGT)