The Gifted Education Unit provides leadership and assistance to Arizona public schools in providing appropriate gifted education services K-12 for their gifted and advanced learners (approximately 8% of Arizona’s public school population), so they may develop and achieve according to their abilities and potential.
Champion the academic, intellectual, social and emotional development of Arizona’s gifted and advanced learners through ensuring gifted learners in Arizona receive an appropriate gifted education commensurate with their abilities and potential.
- Phoenix Desert Summer Institute ~ Gifted Strategies K-10
- ASU Tempe Math Circle Spring 2014 *FREE to HS Students*
- 2014 Barrett Summer Scholars Program for Students
What You Should Know
Arizona law requires that all public school districts must both identify gifted learners and provide appropriate educational programs and services for gifted learners. However, the law does not prescribe the models that district must use to serve their gifted learners.
- Mandatory K-12 Gifted Services ARS §15-779.02
- Requirements for Gifted Education, K-12 Endorsements
- State Board Approved Test List for Identifying Gifted Students
Recent versions of assessment instruments are also acceptable