The FY 2018 1.06% Teacher Salary Increase has been included as a base support level adjustment on page 4 of the December APOR 55-1. The spreadsheet linked below compares 2017 actual AFR teacher salaries paid to budgeted amounts on page 2 of the FY 2018 Expenditure Budget on lines 3 and 4. It should be noted:
In all cases the LEA’s payment was based on the amount requested on line 8 of the “Additional Teacher Salary Increases (Laws 2017, Ch. 305, §33)” section on page 2 of the 2018 Expenditure Budget that was successfully processed into the system as of November 1, 2017; this is the amount in the last column of the linked spreadsheet and page 4 of the December APOR 55-1.
- LEAs will need to reconcile the amount as part of the Independent Audit process.
- Amounts should supplement by 1.06% and not supplant any intended 2018 salary amount.
- Code these funds to (fund-object): 001-3200
- Eligible teachers consist of any person whose salary is appropriately coded in Function 1000–Instruction and eligible to be included in the year-end Teacher Salary Tablet in the Certified Teacher Column on the Annual Financial Report (AFR) for school district (page 9) or charter school (page 7) in FY 2017 and who teaches at the district or charter during FY 2018.
- Do not include purchased services personnel or substitute teachers in either line. Districts and charters should maintain adequate documentation to support that each teacher included met the eligibility requirements. Laws 2017, Ch. 305, §33
FY2018 1.06% Teacher Salary Increase Amounts
The FY 2017 BUDG75 Reports have been published to the School Finance website and are available for download and review. The BUDG75 report reflects the 2017 statewide recalculation and any FY 2017 budget or AFR file submissions successfully processed into the system as of November 30, 2017.
Districts that were current year funded in FY 2017 will receive an adjustment for under budgeted RCL due to the statewide recalculation, which is similar to how the growth adjustment of the past was applied.
To select a specific District, please click the following link: https://www.ade.az.gov/Budget/EntitySelection.asp.
Please email the budget team with any questions or concerns at [email protected].
The School Finance November Updates memo 18-027 has been posted. Please choose FY2018 in the Memos menu or follow the link: https://sf.azed.gov/sf/numberedmemos/FY2018%20Numbered%20Memos/18-027.pdf
FY 2018 BUDG25 reports have been updated and are available here
• Teacher 1.06% Teacher Salary Adjustments
• Based on student data as of 5pm November 7, 2017
• K-3 Reading funds have been included for those LEAs who received approval on their K3 Reading plans as of October 26, 2017
• Preliminary December 1st APOR 55-1
If you are over expended by more than 1% of the GBL in M&O or Unrestricted Capital, a December revision is required. If you are over expended by less than 1% of the GBL, a December revision is optional. Please direct questions to [email protected]
Originally published 11/2/2017
FY2018 Prop 123 monies totaling $50 million will be paid out in two separate payments, each totaling $25 million. Payment 1 has been calculated and will be distributed the week of November 6th. Payment 1 amounts can be found in the link below; Districts are separated by county and Charters are listed alphabetically. Payments are based on the most recently run Classroom Site Fund counts. Funds will be re-calculated and re-allocated in Payment 2 later in the fiscal year.
Any questions, please contact the payment team at [email protected]
Prop 123 FY 2018 Payment 1
Originally published on 10/26/2017
In accordance with A.R.S. §15-905(E), the FY 2018 BUDG25 Budget Verification Letters have been posted to each applicable district budgets homepage of the ADE School Finance website.
The November 2018 report has also been posted. To download and review a specific district from the ADE School Finance website, please click here.
FY2018 ADM was used for the reports. A matching APOR 55-1 will be posted on Monday 10/30/2018
For more details on these reports, please read the following Hot Topic: http://www.azed.gov/finance/2017/10/05/oct-2018-budg25-reports-posted-dec-revision-alert/
As a reminder, if a district is exceeding its ADE calculated limit for M&O exclusively due to the K3 Reading Add-On Funding not being calculated in the district’s RCL on the APOR 55-1 (Apportionment date of 11/1/2017), a December 15th budget revision for M&O will not be required.
Please email any budget questions or concerns to the School Finance budget team at [email protected] .
Districts are required to report Special Election results, whether passed or failed, to the Arizona Department of Education, School Finance, within 15 days of the election. Districts will complete a Report of Special Election Results form, and once accurately completed, email the form to the School Finance Budget Team ([email protected]).
The fillable form may not function correctly in the browser view. To maintain the form’s fillable functionality, right click on the link (Report of Special Election Results), and download/save the form to the chosen workspace. Please rename the form to include the district’s name before emailing the form as an attachment to the budget team.
WHAT: Districts required to submit a December budget revision can now upload the required Hearing Notification and Revision Budget Summary through ADE common logon, and post a link on the district’s website.
MEETING NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENT: The budget revision must be completed by December 15. The 10 calendar-day meeting notification and budget summary must be uploaded and a link posted on the district’s website by December 5, 2017.
MEETING NOTIFICATION PROCEDURE:
- COMPLETE the budget revision
- DOWNLOAD the December Budget Revision Hearing Notification Form into the same folder as the revised budget. NOTE: This works best if you save the file directly to the folder without opening it.
- RENAME the budget revision back to the original name 2018EXPBUD.xls for linking purposes.
- OPEN the Hearing Notification Form ALERT: (1) Enable content if asked (2) Update links if asked
- SAVE the Hearing Notification file
- UPLOAD the file through Common Logon. NOTE: Do not upload the budget revision until after its been approved at the Board meeting.
- Optionally, once the Hearing Notification has been successfully uploaded — the Budget Revision file can be renamed as desired.
POST A LINK TO THE FILE ON THE DISTRICT’s WEBSITE:
- NAVIGATE to the district’s ADE submitted file status page (https://www.ade.az.gov/Budget/EntitySelection.asp).
- RIGHT CLICK on the district’s uploaded Meeting Notification Excel file link (in the file name column).
- SELECT “copy shortcut”, “copy link location”, or similar depending on the browser you are using.
- PASTE the link to the district’s website.
If you have any questions, please email the SF BUDGET TEAM ([email protected])
The School Finance October Updates memo 18-022 has been posted. Please follow the link below: