The Data Capture Date for the December 1 FY 2017 Payment was this week. Please see the attached table for the payment basis for the following payment as well: Counts-for-December-1-Payment
AzEDS IT Update
Fixed Issues Update!
Rule numbers 10071, 10075: Rule fails when attendance minutes are submitted for alternative schools
Rule numbers 10048, 10049: Accommodation district students failing; “If DOR is ACCOMMODATION, DOR must be allowed to be listed as a district of residence.”
Rule number 40020: SPED Integrity rule – ‘Invalid DOA and/or DOR for this Service Code’ even though the entity is under the accommodation district (DOA)
Performance Issues Fixed!
- AzEDS Report Performance Issues
- INTEG15 was broken out into 4 reports
- Student Data Integrity (INTEG15) – released Friday, October 28
- STC Student Data Integrity (INTEG20) – New Report under ‘Student-Teacher-Course’ Connection Report section
- STC Staff Data Integrity (INTEG25) – New Report under ‘Student-Teacher-Course’ Connection Report section
- STC Course Data Integrity (INTEG30) – New Report under ‘Student-Teacher-Course’ Connection Report section
- ADM Reports – changes to improve performance of reports
- DRP Integrity and ADM deployed
- AOI ADM logic fixed
Known Issues Update!
- A couple of rules with Issues – Fix In progress:
- ELL INTEG Rule -30001 fails for students with correct Assessment ELL data
- A couple other rule fixes we are working on that impact 20 or fewer students – 10067, 40065
- STUD72 incorrectly displays attendance for concurrent enrollments
School Finance Update
11/16/2016 – 1:00 pm – 3:00pm – at Jefferson still available for sign up. Remote, web option available.
Topic: Data to ADM Calculation
Email your Account Analyst to sign up. Tell us if you need to check out an ADE computer during the workshop or if you’d like to participate remotely.
SPED Concurrency Issue
You can email [email protected]
Keep in Touch
- School Finance – message [email protected] to sign up for our emails.
- Bookmark our site: azed.gov/finance
- Sign up for IT Redflag updates and blog updates here: http://www.azed.gov/aelas/category/azedsupdates/
Training: “Help, I don’t have ANY ADM!” Let’s Double Check
- Have you logged into ADE Connect? https://home.azed.gov/Portal/
- Have you seen an AzEDS Report? https://azeds.azed.gov/AzEDSPortal/Reports/ReportView
- There are Quick Reference guides to help you navigate the reports. http://www.azed.gov/aelas/azeds/reference/
- We recorded our trainings! http://www.azed.gov/finance/trainings/
Follow along on the video to catch up!
This week School Finance emailed all School Districts and Charter Districts with information about their FY2016 ADM and potential adjustments to FY2017 payments. The email was approximately one page long and had a table of FY2015, FY2016, and FY2017 ADM in the middle of the page.
If you didn’t receive the email, check Find a School to see who in your district received the email.
If no one received the email, please email your School Finance Account Analyst.
In accordance with A.R.S. §15-905(E), the FY 2017 BUDG25 Budget Verification Letters have been posted to each applicable district budgets homepage of the ADE School Finance website. To download and review a specific district from the ADE School Finance website, please click here.
As a reminder, if a district is considered to be exceeding its ADE calculated limit for M&O exclusively due to the K3 Reading Add-On Funding not being calculated in the district’s RCL as of 11/1/2016, a December 15th budget revision for M&O will not be required.
Please email any budget questions or concerns to the School Finance budget team at [email protected] .
December 1 Payment
- The Data Capture Date for the December payment is 11/8/2016.
- Have you looked at your FY2016 recalc ADM, SPED, and ELL values? If you were overpaid in FY2016, you may have to plan for a negative adjustment. Please expect a communication from School Finance next week.
November Wednesday Workshop
- The Topic is “Memberships to ADM.”
- We will cover the different formulas for the different membership types.
- We give an overview of how ACE works.
- There are 2 Sessions so far! We can schedule more depending on interest.
- They are currently scheduled at our Jefferson office in Phoenix.
- 11/9/2016 and 11/16/16, see our Wednesday Workshop page for details.
- Application is being fixed this week.
- We’re working tickets first-in, first-out, as best we can.
- Split is planned for development later this year.
- What does this mean for me?
- Be careful before you create or search for a student. Do a few reasonable-ness checks before submitting for the first time. It will save you having to wait for us to process the State Student ID.
Training: Summer Withdrawal versus No Show
Continuing students from the previous year can be pre-loaded in AzEDS and the Student Information System before the first day of school. If the student does not attend school during the first ten days school is in session, the student will need to be removed from AzEDS and potentially the cohort. This is done using a No Show or a Summer Withdrawal code.
Grades K-8: To No Show a K-8 student pre-loaded in AzEDS that does not attend school during the first ten days school is in session, remove the student’s enrollment information from AzEDS. These students will have no attendance in the fiscal year; therefore the corresponding absences must also be removed from AzEDS.
Grades 9-12: If the student would have been in grades 9-12, was pre-loaded in AzEDS, and did not attend school during the first ten days school is in session, the LEA may have to No Show the student OR remove the student from the cohort with a Summer Withdrawal code. Please read the procedures as described in the Official Notice of Pupil Withdrawal on the Accountability site to see if the student can be removed from the cohort using S7, S8, S10, or S21. Students with an S7 can be submitted up until September first. Students with an S8, S10, or S21 must be submitted with an effective withdrawal date before the school calendar. All other 9-12 students pre-loaded in AzEDS that did not attend school during the first ten days school is in session must be treated as a No Show. These students have their enrollment, absence, and withdrawal information removed from AzEDS, using the same process as a K-8 No Show.
The November FY2017 BUDG25 reports have been posted.
The November BUDG25 report includes:
- 2016 ADM, except for those non-declining district’s that have converted to 2017 ADM as notified November 1st payment update. http://www.azed.gov/Administrators/SF/NumberedMemos/FY2017/Updated%20Counts%20for%20November%201%20Payment.pdf
- APOR 55-1 values from November first payment
- Expenditure budget files successfully processed through 10/23/2016
To download and review a specific entity’s budget reports, select the district name after clicking here.
Visit our Wednesday and sign up for our newest training session.
We intend to cover how ADM is calculated from membership data.
There are currently 2 sessions planned; if we have interest to support more sessions, we can book more dates! Virtual events are possible if people are interested.
Please see the School Finance Trainings Page to catch up on sessions you may have missed.
“AzEDS Submission to ADM Reports” is currently posted with supporting materials.
November 1 Payment
- Did you get our email? Lyle sent out a message about the basis for the November Payment.
- If you didn’t get the email, please email [email protected] to get on our subscriber list.
School District Employee Report
- The hard deadline for SDER is 10/14/16; there are no extensions on the October deadline.
- There is a short window in the Spring for corrections.
State Student IDs
- The Merge Application is being fixed.
- The Split Application is still in development.
- Where do your tickets go?
- We process tickets in a queue in order received.
- We do have a backlog of tickets that are taking some time to resolve.
- Preventative steps:
- Send one student per ticket to [email protected]
- Be cautious before uploading a new student. Confirm the student’s State Student ID on AzEDS Identity, transcripts, and the student’s withdrawal form.
- When School Finance processes your ticket, they analyze year over year data. This takes time, but ensures that a student’s test records are not lost.
Training: Summary ADM Reports
- ADM20 is generated daily in AzEDS.
- ADMS46-1 is still on the School Finance site and matches the ADM20 from the day before.
Please see the communication including the updated ADM, SPED, and ELL Counts for November 1 Payment.
It is the update following last week’s communication.