Teacher Salary Increase FY2018 Budget Revision Guidance
Districts and Charters may revise the calculation on the 2018 budget page 2 and Work Sheet C for the amount needed for the 1.06% teacher salary increase based on the final FY 2017 teacher salaries for eligible teachers.
On or before November 1, 2017 (After the FY 2017 AFR is completed).
MEETING NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
To revise the budget for this calculation, districts and charters must again comply with the same notice and separate vote requirements as prescribed in the Publishing Requirements for the adopted budget. Unlike the adopted budget the budget/summary is not required to be published with the notification. Just the notice of hearing and vote.
MEETING NOTIFICATION PROCEDURE:
- OPEN the same meeting notification form used for the adopted budget (BudgetAdoptionHearingNotification.xls).
- COPY & PASTE the text in EXCEL cell H3 to cell A3.
- COPY & PASTE the text in EXCEL cell H16 to cell A16.
- DELETE all text in column H.
- SAVE the File.
- SELECT the file and PRESS the F2 function key, remove the word “Adoption” from the file name to read simply BudgetHearingNotification.xls. Or any name desired but it must maintain the .xls format.
- UPLOAD the file through Common Logon.
POST A LINK TO THE FILE ON THE DISTRICT’s WEBSITE:
- NAVIGATE to the district’s ADE submitted file status page (https://www.ade.az.gov/Budget/EntitySelection.asp).
- RIGHT CLICK on the district’s uploaded Meeting Notification Excel file link (in the file name column).
- SELECT “copy shortcut”, “copy link location”, or similar depending on the browser you are using.
- PASTE the link to the district’s website.
If the budget calculation is not revised, ADE will use the calculation on the adopted budget to determine the amounts to allocate to each district and charter school by December 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please email the SF BUDGET TEAM ([email protected])