The Quarter 3 Expense Report is due on, or before, April 20th, 2018.
ESA Recipients are contractually obligated to turn in a Quarterly Expense Report. Failure to do so can result in account suspension, termination, and fund forfeiture (sections 3 and 4. D. of the contract and Chapter 6 of the Parent Handbook).
If at any time you need greater assistance reporting your expenses, the ESA team is happy to help you. Please be aware that call volume is high the week Expense Reports are due.
You are also welcome to e-mail the ESA team with any questions you may have, and if you are encountering any technical issues, please include screenshots or images so that the ESA team can best assist you.
The ESA Applicant Portal
The ESA Applicant Portal is better viewed in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and IE11 web browser.
Getting Started: Expense Reporting
- You are required to register your account with ESA if it’s your first time logging in, or if you have changed your e-mail address with ESA. You can do that here.
- Your “User ID” is the e-mail address ESA has on file. If your e-mail address changed recently, you need to update it with ESA and re-register your account.
- ESA does not have access to your password and cannot reset your password for you.
- Check out the Frequently Asked Questions Page and Training Page for common questions and issues you may encounter.
- Detailed invoices are required. Here is an example.
More Information on Submitting your Expense Report through the Online Portal
Submitting a Paper Form:
- You can find the paper forms here.
- Submitting your expense report by using the paper form means the ESA staff are submitting your expenses through the portal for you. Due to the high volume of submissions received, there may be a delay to your report being submitted and you may continue to receive automated Quarterly Submission Reminders and Late Notices. If at all possible, it is strongly recommended you submit through the ESA Portal to ensure it has been entered on time.
icon ImportantComplete Submission Requirements:
An incomplete submission will not be accepted by ESA (in-person, by postal mail, or e-mail).
- You must provide all of the following:
- You are required to complete this form by hand. ESA will not accept digital signatures for this form.
- The completed Expense Report Form.
- An itemized invoice (this includes the student’s name, the vendor name, the service or item paid for, and payment date).
- You can view an example here.
- Current credentials, if applicable, must be provided with each quarter even if they have been provided previously.
- It is the Account Holder’s responsibility to verify the credentials are current each quarter.
- ESA will not accept an e-mail with your invoice or receipts only. This is not how you submit your Quarterly Expense Report.
- If you are submitting your report in-person, ESA is unable to make copies for you. Make sure that what you bring is what ESA can keep. (We do not recommend providing originals.)
- If you are submitting your report in-person, ESA is unable to verify that all the required documents are being turned in at that same time.
- ESA is unable to make copies for you. Please bring or send documents that ESA can keep.
- ESA strongly recommends comparing your expense report to your ESA Prepaid Card Bank Statement to make sure all expenses and additional documentation are accounted for.
- If your submission is incomplete, ESA will reach out to notify you that it cannot be submitted without all the required documentation. If the expense report is not submitted on time, that can result in account suspension, termination, and fund forfeiture (sections 3 and 4. D. of the contract and Chapter 6 of the Parent Handbook).