Student attending public school are eligible for transitioning services. Does ESA allow for transitional services as well?

Upon joining ESA you agree to waive your right to free and appropriate public education (FAPE). In order to receive transitional services you must have an updated Individual Education Plan (IEP). An IEP is the only form which lists transitional services as necessary for students, when it is applicable. Once you have waived your right to FAPE, public schools are no longer obligated to conduct an IEP for your student. Since an IEP is the only determining factor we have to decide if transitional services are necessary for your student, we do not allow for transitioning services.

Posted in: Exiting the Program