Approved Expense: “Tutoring services provided by a tutor accredited by a state, regional or national accrediting organization” (ARS 15-2402).
ADE requires parents to submit accreditation on behalf of the tutor for one of the following:
- A state’s teaching certificate
- National board certification
- Individuals who completed teacher preparation in another state at an institution of higher education whose teacher preparation program has been accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- A teacher who received a regional accreditation under the NASDTEC Interstate Contract.
- A nationally accredited tutoring facility (a parent may submit the learning centers’ credentials in place of the individual tutor since they may be learning from multiple teachers).
- Bachelor degree or higher in a subject area, elementary education, secondary education, or special education. *Please contact ESA Staff at 602-364-1969 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding an individual’s degree. Certain degrees can be approved on a case by case evaluation.
Note: A parent must submit credentials for each tutor (or accredited facility) teaching their child only once. If services are discontinued and a new tutor is hired, new credentials are required to be submitted with the next quarter’s expense report.