- Reside in the state of Arizona AND
- Attend an Arizona public school full time for the first 100 days of the year prior to applying for an ESA OR have received a School Tuition Organization (STO) scholarship for Displaced and Disabled students the year prior to applying OR be eligible for Kindergarten (5 but not 6 years old on or before September 1 of the 2014-2015 school year).
- AND be identified in one of the approved student populations:
- A child with a disability
- A child of an active duty military parent
- A child who is a ward of the juvenile court and is residing in prospective permanent placement foster care
- A child who is a ward of the juvenile court and who achieved permanency through adoption
- A child who attended a letter grade “D” or “F” public school the prior school year–children eligible for Kindergarten must reside in a failing school’s boundary