Funding Year 2015 – It’s TIME to get started
With the new changes and updates to the E-rate program, we highly recommend that Arizona schools and districts begin preparing for the Funding Year 2015 application now. The DRAFT FCC Forms 470 and 471 are available. The tentative date for the final versions of the forms is November 3, 2014. Templates will be available (after the final version is approved) for applicants to prepare parts of the FCC Form 471 in advance of the filing window. Some things to know before you get started:
- Item 21 is embedded in the FCC Form 471.
- Category 1 must be a separate application from Category 2 services. Do not put these categories together on a single application.
- Dates and spellings must be consistent across applications and the FRN. Many applications are rejected due to simple, easy to fix, errors. Double-check all applications and forms before filing.
- Multi-year contracts, up to 5 years, makes the application process more streamlined.
- ALL applicants must file their FCC Form 471 online.
- New FCC From 470 will be only online.
- Discounts are calculated for the organization as a whole.
- Rural status is determined at the district/system level and only if more than 50% of schools are rural.
2014 Applicant Training Materials for FY2015 The training materials for FY2015 applications have been posted to the USAC web site.
DRAFT FCC Form 470 and Form 471 and their respective instructions for funding year 2015. These are DRAFT documents. Please note that Item 21′s will be submitted within Form 471 and NOT a separate filing.
E-rate Modernization Order – updated by USAC
Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) Updates – Recent additions to the federal law
Arizona State Master Contract – Note some are being updated.
FY 2015 – The technology plan requirements for category two services are eliminated.
E-rate Applicant-Process – Use this to guide you as you prepare your application.
Funding Year 2014. USAC will release Funding Year (FY) 2014 Wave 20 Funding Commitment Decision Letters (FCDLs) on September 24. This wave includes commitments for approved Priority 1 (Telecommunications Services and Internet Access) requests at all discount levels. As of September 19, FY2014 commitments total over $1.89 billion.
Funding Year 2013. USAC will release FY2013 Wave 63 FCDLs on August 28. This wave includes commitments for approved Priority 1 requests at all discount levels. As of August 22, FY2013 commitments total over $2.09 billion.
Funding Year 2012. USAC will release FY2013 Wave 66 FCDLs on September 25. This wave includes commitments for approved Priority 1 requests at all discount levels. As of September 19, FY2013 commitments total over $2.11 billion.
On the day the FCDLs are mailed, you can check to see if you have a commitment by using USAC’s Automated Search of Commitments tool.