Funding Year 2017 – It’s TIME to get started
With the new changes and updates to the E-rate program, we highly recommend that Arizona schools and districts begin preparing for the Funding Year 2016 application now. The New Form 470 is available now!
You need an EPC login. If you have not received a login from USAC, let the State Erate Coordinator know (Milan Eaton).
- Category 1 and Category 2 services can be submitted on the same 470. You can also submit multiple 470s.
- Dates and spellings must be consistent across applications and the FRN. Many applications are rejected due to simple, easy to fix, errors. Double-check all applications and forms before filing.
- Multi-year contracts, up to 5 years, makes the application process more streamlined.
- ALL applicants must file their FCC Form 471 online.
- Item 21 is embedded in the FCC Form 471 beginning 2015.
- New FCC From 470 will be only online and is available now.
- Discounts are calculated for the organization as a whole.
- Rural status is determined at the district/system level and only if more than 50% of schools are rural.
- Do not request more than $150 per student over a 5 year term (It will save you PIA questions later)
- Include a full list of all Item 21 items (It will save questions later)
ARIZONA BROADBAND PROJECT
▪Goal: Provide scalable internet access to every school in Arizona
TEST YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED
- www.schoolspeedtest.org – Link to find your upload / download broadband speed. The information is automatically stored for use by ADE in defining network needs and requirements. Use Category 1 E-Rate funds to pay for your bandwidth needs!
- Urban / Rural Tool – In 2015, location is even more important for your discount percent. USAC has an online tool to help determine your Urban / Rural Status. Check your BEN (Billed Entity Number) against the system. If there’s an error (? in the status field), call the Client Service Bureau at 888-203-8100 and have it corrected ASAP.
- The 2015 Filing Window has been announced. If you have already posted your 470 and 28 days have lapsed, you may post your 471 at 10AM Wednesday, January 14, 2015. The window for posting 471s will close at 10PM Thursday March 26, 2015. Make sure you have a “Legally Binding Agreement” in place with your vendor prior to submitting your 471.
- 12/11/14 – Today the FCC voted to increase the Erate funding cap by $1.5 billion. This is the second step in the reform process.
E-rate Modernization Order – updated by USAC
Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) Updates – Recent additions to the federal law
Arizona State Master Contract – Note some are being updated.
FY 2015 – The technology plan requirements for category two services are eliminated.
E-rate Applicant-Process – Use this to guide you as you prepare your application.
On the day the FCDLs are mailed, you can check to see if you have a commitment by using USAC’s Automated Search of Commitments tool.