See Arizona’s Technology Long Range 2009 – 2013 for additional recommendations that can be incorporated into LEA technology plans.
- Technology Planning: Connecting the Old Plan to the New ALEAT Tech Plan (PDF)
- This document provides a strategy to assist LEAs with moving from the goals and strategies from their old technology plan (paper copy) into the new ALEAT online technology plan.
Goal 6 Technology Literacy, CIPA, and other Continuous Improvement Plan Goals Guidance for Tech Plans
This guidance is for inside the ALEAT Continuous Improvement Plan for Goal 6 Technology Literacy as well as examples of “TECH” tagged action steps for the other NCLB goals. (PDF)
Required for Technology Plans:
ALEAT Goal #1
- Strategy: “Network/Internet Filtering and Acceptable Use Agreements”
- Action Step: Installing (or maintaining) and monitoring of firewalls and Internet security systems that are CIPA compliant.
- Action Step: The LEA policy requires staff and students and parents to agree to an Internet Users Agreement (also known as an Internet Safety Policy or Acceptable Use Policy.)
- Strategy: “Internet Safety Curriculum”
- Action Step: PD for staff that relates to Internet Safety and Cyberbullying curriculum.
- Action Step: Plan, develop, and implement Internet Safety including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms, and Cyberbullying awareness and response curriculum with all students.
Upload the signed CIPA form into Goal 1 of the Continuous Improvment Plan in ALEAT.
More information can be found at http://www.azed.gov/educational-technology/e-rate/childrens-internet-protection-act-cipa/.
Flow Charts of Sample Strategies and Action Steps for NCLB Goals Downloads (PDF):
- Reading/Language Arts
- Highly Qualified Teachers
- English Proficiency for ELL Students
- Teaching for Learning Environment
- High School Graduation
- Parent Involvement
Templates for technology plans:
Please note that the following templates should be included with your technology but are not required to be submitted to ADE.
LEA Profile & Contact Information Template (Mar. 2011)
Technology Vision & Mission Statements Template
Tech Committee & Plan Evaluation Template
Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) Certification (Updated Dec. 2011)
- Technology Literacy SMART Goal PDF | Video
- Goal 6 Technology Literacy Strategies and Action Steps Guidance PDF
- Technology Plan NCLB Goals – Strategies and Action Steps Guidance PDF
Tech Plan FAQs:
Examples of Previous Technology Plans
Flagstaff Unified School District and Bell Canyon Charter School have permitted us to share their 2010-2013 Technology Plans as outstanding examples for others to view. These plans include their Continuous Improvement Plan from the time of their approval.
Technology Plans for 2011-2014 must be submitted through the ALEAT.
ALEAT NCLB Goal #1 Teaching for Learning Environment must include 2 strategies with action steps that relate to the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) requirements and Internet Safety. The status of these “tech” tagged action steps should remain as In Progress because it is assumed that you have these in place and working constantly.