E-rate provides discounts to assist most libraries and schools in the United States to obtain affordable telecommunications, internet access, internal connections and basic maintenance. Learn more about the E-Rate Schools and Libraries Program.
The Arizona Department of Education serves as the liaison between state public education systems and the Schools and Libraries Division (SLD) of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC). This website provides assistance and resources to help with the forms and procedures for applying for the discounted services.
The E-Rate Program
Application Forms and Requirements
- E-Rate Discount
Disclaimer: Official information is available from The Schools and Libraries Division (SLD) of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).
- Tips for E-Rate Success - eSchool News
- E-Rate Central – Dedicated to simplifying the e-rate program for schools, libraries and vendors
- GITA – Government Information Technology Agency – provides information on telecommunication issues, concerns, and solutions across the state.
- Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC)
- Service Providers
- HATS Outreach (Helping Applicants To Succeed)
- Explaining Terms – Reference Topics
- Schools and Libraries Tip Sheets
- Training Sessions through USAC
- Filing Appeals
- Understanding Audits
- Changes and Corrections
- Deadlines for forms and actions
Calendars and Reminders
- Funding Year
July 1 through the following June 30 (non-recurring services through the following September 30).
- Description of Services Requested and Certification Form (Form 470)
Posted at least 28 days before the filing of the Services Ordered and Certification Form (Form 471), keeping in mind (1) the timeframe for compliance with all competitive bidding requirements, and (2) the Form 471 application filing window opening and closing dates.
- Form 471 Window
Early November to early February preceding the start of the Funding Year (exact dates for each funding year will be posted on USAC’s website).
- Services Ordered and Certification Form (Form 471)
Received or postmarked no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on the day of the close of the Form 471 application filing window (exact date will be posted on our website).
- Receipt of Service Confirmation Form (Form 486)
Received or postmarked no later than 120 days after the date of the USAC Funding Commitment Decision Letter or 120 days after the service start date, whichever is later.
- Billing Entity Applicant Reimbursement Form (Form 472) and
Service Provider Invoice Form (Form 474)
Received or postmarked no later than 120 days after the date of the Form 486 Notification Letter or 120 days after the last date to receive service, whichever is later.
Received or postmarked no later than 60 days after the date of USAC’s decision letter.
Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC)
E-Rate News and Information
USAC’s Schools & Libraries News Brief will give you information about upcoming funding commitments, tips to help you through the application process, and other timely information. This electronic news brief is issued weekly. You may subscribe to this news brief.
E-rate Application Information
Note that the Form 471 Item 21 attachment is a window filing requirement that is, Item 21 attachments must be submitted by the close of the filing window.
Recent USAC Training Presentations
The following USAC Presentations can found at http://www.usac.org/sl/about/training-sessions/training-2011/fall/presentations.aspx#presentations.
Click on the links below to access USAC presentation materials from their recent nationwide trainings.
- Program Overview for Beginners [ PPT , PDF ]
- CIPA Update [ PPT , PDF ]
- Correcting Ministerial and Clerical Errors [ PPT , PDF ]
- Gifts [ PPT , PDF]
- Discount Calculations [ PPT ,PDF]
- Eligible Services [ PPT , PDF ]
- Road to Success [ PPT, PDF ]
- Tips for Success [ PPT , PDF ]
- A New Way to Safeguard the USF (PQA and BCAP) [ PPT , PDF ]
- Program Compliance (FY2011) [PPT , PDF ]