4. My child goes to a public school and I have a problem with the school. Where do I go first?

First, address your child’s teacher. Then, make an appointment with the principal of the school. If your issue is still not resolved, contact the superintendent of the district that oversees your child’s school. Your final resort is the governing school board. They are the elected officials that hold twice-monthly meetings regarding school issues in your area. They will make the final decision regarding most issues.

The governing school board makes final decisions about student grades, promotion and retention, discipline issues, teacher contracts, parental involvement, curriculum, textbook, student travel etc.

Click here for a step-by-step process.

Posted in: Constituent Services