Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards are designed to prepare students with the core academic knowledge and skills they need to succeed in post-secondary education and training. What does this mean for Arizona educators?
Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards provide teachers with:
- Clear, focused standards that are internationally benchmarked and aligned with college and workforce expectations.
- Consistent explanations of what students are expected to learn kindergarten through grade 12.
- Rigorous strategic grade-level goals that provide coherent progressions from grade to grade, linking major topics of study.
- A focus on developing students’ critical thinking, problem solving and real world application of skills through effective instructional strategies.
- A foundation for working collaboratively across content disciplines, schools, districts, and states sharing resources and expertise, to create curricular tools and professional development.
- CEP Training of Trainers (TOT) Survey Report (May 2013)
The Arizona Department of Education (ADE), in partnership with the Governor’s Office of Education Innovation (GOEI) and Regional Centers, distributed a state-wide survey to 249 trainers regarding training, resources, and implementation challenges of Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards (AZCCRS). This survey was conducted to provide broad information on progress to this collective group—the Collaborative Education Partners (CEP)—in order to identify where and how (together) we can provide resources and training to Arizona’s education community to facilitate successful implementation of AZCCRS.
- CEP Teacher Survey Report (March 2013)
A survey of 50,905 Arizona Teachers was conducted in March 2013 through the Collaborative Education Partners (CEP). This partnership consists of the Arizona Department of Education (ADE), Regional Centers, and Governor’s Office of Education Innovation (GOEI). This input will be invaluable in helping the CEP focus our efforts to improve our support for Arizona’s schools and students in implementing Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards.