The Achievement Testing District Test Coordinator is responsible for AIMS HS, AIMS Science, and AzMERIT.
The Alternate Assessment District Test Coordinator is responsible for the AIMS A Science and NCSC Alternate Assessments.
The AZELLA District Test Coordinator is responsible for the AZELLA Assessment.
Achievement Testing District Test Coordinator Information
AzMERIT is the new statewide achievement test. Arizona public school students in Grades 3 through high school will take AzMERIT in English Language Arts and Mathematics at their grade level. Students taking high school level English Language Arts and Mathematics will take AzMERIT End-of-Course assessments that will test their proficiency in these subjects near the end of the course.
Spring 2015 – Online Test Window
March 30 – May 8*
*Writing must be completed by April 24
Spring 2015 – Paper Test Window
April 13 – April 24
Computer-Based Inventory – Excel – October 2014
Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report User’s Guide – October 2014
Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report Training – October 2014
AIMS HS (Writing, Reading, Mathematics)
Students expecting to graduate by the end of 2016 are permitted to participate in AIMS HS testing.
- February 2015 Test Window – Writing, February 23, Reading – February 24, Mathematics – February 25
AIMS Science will be administered to students in Grades 4, 8, and High School.
- Test Window – March 16 – April 24, 2015
AIMS Test Administration Directions and Test Coordinator Manual
- AIMS HS Test Administration Directions – February 2015 Administration (Coming in January)
- AIMS Science Test Administration Directions – Spring 2015 (Coming in January)
- Test Coordinator’s Manual – School Year 2014-2015
- AIMS HS and AIMS Science Key Dates 2014-2015
- AIMS Test Security Agreement for Superintendent/Test Coordinator – School Year 2014-2015
- AIMS Security Agreement for Staff– School Year 2014-2015
- AIMS Testing Incident Report Form
- Off-Site Test Location Notification Form
- AIMS High School Graduation Requirement
AIMS Testing Accommodations
AIMS Support Materials
AIMS Information Items
Links to Other Assessments
Project Lead: Mary Pat Wood
Coordinator of State Test Administration
Arizona Department of Education
The Examiner is a quarterly newsletter for test coordinators.
(click on the button)
Alternate Assessment District Test Coordinator Information
AZELLA District Test Coordinator Information
- AZELLA Placement Test Important Dates 2014-2015
- AZELLA Testing Conditions and Accommodations
- AZELLA Reference Manual (coming soon)
- ELL Accountability Update 9-9-14
- 2015 Reassessment Speaking Test Lithocode Exchange form
- 2014-15 AZELLA Testing Incident Form
- Record for Transferred PHLOTE Students Reassessment 2015
- Placement Test Materials Worksheet
- School Year 2014-2015 Superintendent/Test Coordinator Test Security Agreement
- School Year 2014-2015 Staff Test Security Agreement
- Teacher Referral Form – ELL to Mainstream; Mainstream to ELL
- Incident Report Form
- Sample Two-Year Monitoring Form for FEP Students
For questions pertaining to test administration, please contact us by emailing the AZELLA inbox
AZELLA State Test Coordinator
ELL Assessment Development
Director of English Language Learner Assessments
|The Examiner is a quarterly newsletter for test coordinators. Click the button.|
The Examiner is the Assessment Division’s quarterly newsletter for test coordinators in Arizona schools and districts. Each publication (PDF file) contains news and updated information about Arizona assessments. Below are the most recent editions of The Examiner.