The Achievement Testing District Test Coordinator is responsible for AIMS HS, AIMS Science, and the new assessment to be determined.
The Alternate Assessment District Test Coordinator is responsible for the AIMS A Science and NCSC Alternate Assessments.
The AZELLA District Test Coordinator is responsible for the AZELLA assessment.
Achievement Testing District Test Coordinator Information
New State Assessment
The final selection and adoption of a new statewide achievement test is expected to occur in early October. As soon as possible after the State Board of Education adopts that new statewide achievement test, the Assessment Section will post a testing calendar and other information about the test.
- October 2014 Test Window – Writing – October 28, Reading – October 29, Mathematics – October 30
- February 2015 Test Window – Writing, February 23, Reading – February 24, Mathematics – February 25
- Test Window – March 16 – April 24, 2015
- AIMS HS and AIMS Science Key Dates 2014-2015
- Test Coordinator’s Manual – School Year 2014-2015
- AIMS HS Test Administration Directions – October 2014 Administration
- AIMS HS Test Administration Directions – February 2015 Administration (Coming in January)
- AIMS Science Test Administration Directions – Spring 2015 (Coming in January)
- AIMS Test Security Agreement for Superintendent/Test Coordinator – School Year 2014-2015
- AIMS Security Agreement for Staff– School Year 2014-2015
- AIMS Testing Incident Report Form
- Off-Site Test Location Notification Form
- AIMS High School Graduation Requirement
- AIMS Results and Scale Score Tables
- Norm-Referenced Results
- Spring AIMS and Stanford 10 Guide to Test Interpretation
- Fall AIMS HS Guide to Test Interpretation
- AIMS HS Parent Guide
- AIMS 3-8 Parent Guide
- AIMS A Science
- NCSC (National Center and State Collaborative)
- NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- TIMSS (Trends in International Mathematics and Science Survey)
AIMS HS (Writing, Reading, Mathematics)
Students expecting to graduate by the end of 2016 are permitted to participate in AIMS HS testing.
AIMS Science will be administered to students in Grades 4, 8, and High School.
Test Coordinator Resources
AIMS Testing Accommodations
AIMS Information Items
Links to Other Assessments
Project Lead: Mary Pat Wood
Coordinator of State Test Administration
Arizona Department of Education
The Examiner is a quarterly newsletter for test coordinators.
(click on the button)
Alternate Assessment District Test Coordinator Information
The designated Alternate Assessment Test Coordinator is the responsible individual for assessing eligible students yearly in the grades and subjects listed below.
- AIMS A – Science (grades 4, 8, and 10 only)
- NCSC - ELA and Mathematics (grades 3-8 and 11th grade)
AZELLA District Test Coordinator Information
- AZELLA Placement Test Important Dates 2014-2015
- AZELLA Testing Conditions and Accommodations
- AZELLA Reference Manual (coming soon)
- Placement Test Materials Worksheet
- School Year 2014-2015 Superintendent/Test Coordinator Test Security Agreement
- School Year 2014-2015 Staff Test Security Agreement
- Teacher Referral Form – ELL to Mainstream; Mainstream to ELL
- Incident Report Form
For questions pertaining to test administration, please contact us by emailing the AZELLA inbox
ELL Assessment Development
Director of English Language Learner Assessments
|The Examiner is a quarterly newsletter for test coordinators. Click the button.|
The Examiner is the Assessment Division’s quarterly newsletter for test coordinators in Arizona schools and districts. Each publication (PDF file) contains news and updated information about Arizona assessments. Below are the most recent editions of The Examiner.