The Achievement Testing District Test Coordinator is responsible for AIMS HS, AIMS Science, and AzMERIT.
The Alternate Assessment District Test Coordinator is responsible for the AIMS A Science and NCSC Alternate Assessments.
The AZELLA District Test Coordinator is responsible for the AZELLA Assessment.
Achievement Testing District Test Coordinator Information
AzMERIT is the new statewide achievement test. Arizona public school students in Grades 3 through high school will take AzMERIT in English Language Arts and Mathematics at their grade level. Students taking high school level English Language Arts and Mathematics will take AzMERIT End-of-Course assessments that will test their proficiency in these subjects near the end of the course.
Spring 2015 – Computer-Based Test Window
March 30 – May 8*
*Writing must be completed by April 24
Spring 2015 – Paper-Based Test Window
April 13 – April 24
AzMERIT Pre-Test Training
We will be offering in-person regional pre-test training for district test coordinators. The regional trainings will be full day trainings; lunch will be provided. We will also offer an online pre-test training option for those who prefer that mode of training or are unable to attend a regional training. Participation in either a regional training or the online training is mandatory for all district test coordinators. Each district test coordinator can bring one guest. Pre-registration is required.
Here are the dates and general locations. Use the link below to register for one of the regional trainings or the online training.
- Wednesday, January 21 – Prescott
- Thursday, January 22 – Phoenix (north central)
- Friday, January 23 – Flagstaff
- Monday, January 26 – Phoenix (airport/Tempe)
- Tuesday, January 27 – Glendale
- Wednesday, January 28 – Yuma
- Thursday, January 29 – Tucson
- Friday, January 30 – Sierra Vista
AzMERIT Test Administration Directions and Test Coordinator Manual
- AzMERIT Test Administration Directions (will be coming soon)
- AzMERIT Accommodations (will be coming soon)
- Calculator Guidance NEW
AzMERIT Computer-Based Testing
Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report User’s Guide – October 2014
Arizona Computer-Based Testing Readiness Report Training – October 2014
AIMS HS (Writing, Reading, Mathematics)
Students expecting to graduate by the end of 2016 are permitted to participate in AIMS HS testing.
AIMS Science will be administered to students in Grades 4, 8, and High School.
- Test Window – March 16 – April 24, 2015
AIMS Test Administration Directions and Test Coordinator Manual
- AIMS HS and AIMS Science Key Dates 2014-2015
- AIMS Test Security Agreement for Superintendent/Test Coordinator – School Year 2014-2015
- AIMS Security Agreement for Staff– School Year 2014-2015
- AIMS Testing Incident Report Form
- Off-Site Test Location Notification Form
- AIMS High School Graduation Requirement
AIMS Testing Accommodations
AIMS Support Materials
AIMS Information Items
Links to Other Assessments
- AIMS A Science
- NCSC (National Center and State Collaborative)
- NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- TIMSS (Trends in International Mathematics and Science Survey)
Project Lead: Mary Pat Wood
Coordinator of State Test Administration
Arizona Department of Education
The Examiner is a quarterly newsletter for test coordinators.
(click on the button)
Alternate Assessment District Test Coordinator Information
AZELLA District Test Coordinator Information
The SDELL73 ELL Student Need Report is an annual report that displays all students in a school/LEA that have an ELL Need in the current or prior two fiscal years. This report is designed for informational purposes and can be used to ensure best practices for students with an ELL need. For more information regarding how to use this Report (and all other AZELLA/SDELL Reports) click here Guide to Navigating and Using AZELLA Reports (PDF) Updated 1-26-15
- AZELLA Testing Important Dates 2014-2015
- AZELLA Testing Conditions and Accommodations
- AZELLA Reference Manual (coming soon)
- ELL Accountability Update 9-9-14
- 2015 Reassessment Speaking Test Lithocode Exchange form
- 2014-15 AZELLA Testing Incident Form
- Record for Transferred PHLOTE Students Reassessment 2015
- 2015 AZELLA Reassessment Speaking Test Administration Tips
- Placement Test Materials Worksheet
- School Year 2014-2015 Superintendent/Test Coordinator Test Security Agreement
- School Year 2014-2015 Staff Test Security Agreement
- Teacher Referral Form – ELL to Mainstream; Mainstream to ELL
- Sample Two-Year Monitoring Form for FEP Students
For questions pertaining to test administration, please contact us by emailing the AZELLA inbox
AZELLA State Test Coordinator
ELL Assessment Development
Director of English Language Learner Assessments
|The Examiner is a quarterly newsletter for test coordinators. Click the button.|
The Examiner is the Assessment Division’s quarterly newsletter for test coordinators in Arizona schools and districts. Each publication (PDF file) contains news and updated information about Arizona assessments. Below are the most recent editions of The Examiner.