The Achievement Testing District Test Coordinator is responsible for AIMS HS, AIMS Science, and the new assessment to be determined.
The Alternate Assessment District Test Coordinator is responsible for the AIMS A Science and NCSC Alternate Assessment.
The AZELLA District Test Coordinator is responsible for the AZELLA assessment.
Achievement Testing District Test Coordinator Information
New State Assessment
The final selection and adoption of a new statewide achievement test is expected to occur in early October. As soon as possible after the State Board of Education adopts that new statewide achievement test, the Assessment Section will post a testing calendar and other information about the test.
AIMS Science will be administered to students in Grades 4, 8, and High School.
- Test Window – March 16 – April 24, 2015
AIMS HS (Writing, Reading, Mathematics)
Students expecting to graduate by the end of 2016 are permitted to participate in AIMS HS testing.
- School Year 2014-2015 Test Coordinator’s Manual (Coming in August)
- Fall 2014 AIMS HS Test Administration Directions (Coming in August)
- AIMS High School Graduation Requirement
AIMS Testing Accommodations
- AIMS Testing Accommodations: Guidelines for 2014-2016 (Coming in August)
AIMS Information Items
- AIMS Results and Scale Score Tables
- Norm-Referenced Results
- Spring AIMS and Stanford 10 Guide to Test Interpretation
- Fall AIMS HS Guide to Test Interpretation
- AIMS HS Parent Guide
- AIMS 3-8 Parent Guide
Links to Other Assessments
- AIMS A Science
- NCSC (National Center and State Collaborative)
- NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- TIMSS (Trends in International Mathematics and Science Survey)
Project Lead: Mary Pat Wood
Coordinator of State Test Administration
Arizona Department of Education
The Examiner is a quarterly newsletter for test coordinators.
(click on the button)
Alternate Assessment District Test Coordinator Information
The designated Alternate Assessment Test Coordinator is the responsible individual for assessing eligible students yearly in the grades and subjects listed below.
- AIMS A – Science (grades 4, 8, and 10 only)
- NCSC – ELA and Mathematics (grades 3-8 and 11th grade)
AZELLA District Test Coordinator Information
- AZELLA Important Dates 2014-2015
- AZELLA Reference Manual (coming soon)
- AZELLA Placement Scoring Cycles for School Year 2014-2015
- AZELLA Testing Conditions and Accommodations
- Teacher Referral Form – ELL to Mainstream; Mainstream to ELL
- Placement Test Materials Worksheet
- School Year 2014-2015 Superintendent/Test Coordinator Test Security Agreement
- School Year 2014-2015 Staff Test Security Agreement
- AZELLA – Assessment Test Coordinator Information Form
- Incident Report Form
For questions pertaining to test administration, please contact us by emailing the AZELLA inbox
AZELLA State Test Coordinator
ELL Assessment Development
Director of English Language Learner Assessments
|The Examiner is a quarterly newsletter for test coordinators. Click the button.|
The Examiner is the Assessment Division’s quarterly newsletter for test coordinators in Arizona schools and districts. Each publication (PDF file) contains news and updated information about Arizona assessments. Below is the most recent edition of The Examiner.