The ADE Support Center has announced new hours, which are 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on state or federal holidays. You can reach ADE Support by emailing [email protected] or calling 602-542-7378 / 1-866-577-9636.
Read the latest edition of the ADEConnect Update newsletter (December 14, 2016) or simply read on for the news.
State Tutor Fund Application
The State Tutor Fund application now uses the role “State Tutor Fund – Coordinator” in place of the role “State Tutor Fund – LEA User.” All users assigned the latter (LEA User) will automatically be assigned the former (Coordinator), which is also available for new assignments at the district and school level. All roles can be reviewed in the State Tutor Fund Roles reference document.
New ADEConnect Entity Admin Application Coming
The ADEConnect team is excited to announce that early 2017 will bring a new Entity Administration application with an updated user experience and powerful new functions. Highlights include:
- Cross-browser and platform compatibility – The application will work in any major web browser and on Mac
- User group management – Create groups of users and assign roles to group instead of each individual
- Bulk account creation – Create and assign multiple accounts in one step
- Real-time updating — Account changes become effective immediately
Read the latest edition of the ADEConnect Update newsletter (November 3, 2016) or simply read on for the news.
ADEConnect Roles Updated for ESS Surrogates Application
The ESS Surrogates application is being updated on November 7, 2016, to include the role ESS Surrogate: School User.
Migrant Student Application
The Migrant Student Application has been out for awhile and we have the ADEConnect roles document to help you use it.
AZDash Rereleased with New Features
AZDash has been rereleased and updated with a more user-friendly interface and several new dashboards. Read the announcement letter and learn all about the new features.
This post also appeared in the October 18, 2016 edition of the ADEConnect Update newsletter sent to entity admins.
Welcome to a special Common Logon edition of the ADEConnect Update! ADE has created an interactive, web-based Common Logon & Entity Profile Requests Form to handle two very important Common Logon-related tasks:
- Submitting Common Logon user and access requests
- Requesting changes to an Entity Profile
- Common Logon User and Access Requests
This form replaces the old process of emailing ADE Support to requests user profile or permission changes in Common Logon. Now, Common Logon entity administrators need to submit the web form for each user-entity pair, indicating exactly what needs to be done. The form automatically creates a ticket in ADE’s support-tracking system, with a confirmation of the ticket sent directly to the entity administrator’s email. This process provides entity administrators and ADE both with user-level ticket monitoring and ensures that the entire system is auditable.
Entity Profile Requests
In place of the old PDF form, all requests to create or change an entity profile will now be submitted via the Common Logon & Entity Profile Requests Form. When submitted, the form will automatically route to School Finance for approval and fulfillment, with an email copy sent to the requestor.
— The term “user-entity pair” means the record for any one user at one entity. Since in Common Logon, all users exists as users within an entity (rather than independent users assigned to entities), user profile and access updates must be requested for each entity affected.
For example, if Mary Jones works for three different entities, she has three separate records in Common Logon, each listed first by entity. To update Mary’s email address at all three entities, the entity administrator(s) will have to submit three requests.
— Entity administrators can no longer request one user’s permissions be “copied” to another user. In practice, such “copying” has never been possible in Common Logon. To fulfill such requests, ADE employees have had to find the first user, write down that user’s permissions, then find or create the second user and add the permissions they wrote down before. The new process requiring the entity administrator to specify permission for each user at each entity places responsibility for tracking user permissions back where it belongs: in local hands.
— Since some application permissions are managed by School Finance, the new request process requires separate forms to be submitted for School Finance-related user requests. While this may seem like a duplication of effort, it will actually speed up request fulfillment times. Rather than passing the same ticket between ADE divisions, which can lead to delays and miscommunication, each team will have the details it needs to complete its assigned tasks.
— As applications move from Common Logon to ADEConnect, the web form will be updated to reflect current Common Logon offerings.
–Note: The process has not changed for the School Lunch Program or Child and Adult Care Food Program.
The October 14, 2016 edition of the ADEConnect Update newsletter has just been published. The topic of the day is the CTE Data Portal!
CTE Data Portal
The CTE Data Portal application is now available in ADEConnect. This application will be used by all schools that have Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs that prepare today’s students to enter the 21st-century workforce with the academic and vocational skills needed to compete successfully in a global job market. This application will be used to track enrollments, participant concentrator, coherent sequence placement and exemption request details.
- Review the roles available in ADEConnect for the CTE Data Portal.
- NOTE: The roles for this application have changed. For the user already assigned school-level access for “CTE Data Portal: District User” or “CTE Data Portal: JTEDReadOnlyUser,” corresponding access will be automatically revoked. Affected users will receive automated email notification about the role removal.
The latest edition of the ADEConnect Update newsletter has just been sent. Read all about State Tutor Fund application roles and improvements to the Entity Admin portal!
Here are some suggestions to help ensure ADE IT’s emails, newsletters and blog posts make it through your email system’s spam filters:
- If you can find any of the emails in your junk mail or spam folders, simply click on the email and mark it as Not Junk. (This assumes you are using Outlook for your email. If not, there should be a similar mechanism in whatever program you are using.)
- Add the ‘from’ email address to your address book/contacts list.
- If the emails are being filtered out before they even get to you, you can try to have your IT folks “whitelist” the @azed.gov domain
- If you still aren’t getting the emails, your IT folks can “whitelist” the following IP addresses:
Here is a link to the August 5, 2016 edition of the ADEConnect Update newsletter &mdash Rio Olympics Edition.
The newsletter for ADEConnect entity administrators is here! In this latest edition, we cover the following topics:
- Newly released HETL10 report and associated role in AzEDS Reports
- A new limited role in the AzEDS Identity Application
- The new CTE Data Portal application
- This blog!
Read all about it by clicking right here: ADEConnect Update Newsletter – July 13, 2016.