As of Wednesday, April 26, the Entity Admin Application will replace the old entity admin portal. We know you have been waiting and we are excited to say the baby is being delivered! Read the announcement for more information. Newsletter – April 25, 2017 edition.
And, you can…Just click on the checkbox to the left of each user name and then click Add Application Roles at the bottom of the User Management screen. The next screen lets you add as many application roles as you would like to the selected users.
Now, that is fun!
And we were telling you the truth!
If the Account Status for the user is either ‘Pending’ or ‘Expired’, you can use the edit screen to update the email address. However, the Account Status is locked and cannot be updated when it is in ‘Active’ status. Active status indicates the user successfully received the emails about setting up their account at that email address. [For non-SIS Users only]
Well, if you are an Entity Administrator for the Parent Entity, you already are!
The role of Entity Administrator for a Parent Entity systematically gives you the same role for all of that entity’s associated Related Organizations. But remember, if the role is removed at the Parent Entity level, then it is also automatically removed from those Related Organizations.
You can find the Entity Administration link beneath your name on the ADEConnect homepage (upper right-hand corner of window).
Read the latest updates about the soon-to-be released Entity Admin Application in the March 28, 2017 edition of the ADEConnect Update newsletter.
We are aware of the issue where the Entity Administration Portal link is not displaying within ADEConnect. We are working to address the issue.
The issue is resolved.
Some changes take a while to percolate through the system, so the link for the new Self-Service Portal will not appear on the ADEConnect home screen until approximately (not precisely) 5 p.m. today. The ADEConnect portal will experience a brief outage at that time, while the link is added. Do not panic—just check back later.
Read the March 6, 2017 newsletter version of the ADEConnect Update: Imminent Enhancements Edition or simply read on for the latest updates.
We know that entity administrators often feel unheard, ignored, even neglected as they toil to match roles with users and users with entities. The job is a thankless one, usually only recognized in the rare moments when the keyboard sticks and an email address is mistyped. We are here to tell you that we hear you. In fact, we not only hear you—via email, telephone, instant message, face-to-face meetings, surveys, and one time a carrier pigeon—but we understand your frustrations and are working hard to provide solutions. In direct response to your feedback and requests, ADE’s Information Technology division has built two new applications to enhance your ability to get things done. Discover how the new Self-Service Portal puts solutions at your fingertips. Then read about the exciting new features coming to the Entity Admin Application and learn how you can help with testing.
In response to popular demand, and not a few support center prayers, we are launching a self-service help portal for ADE application users throughout Arizona. The portal will officially go live on Tuesday, March 7, 2017. Read on to learn more about what you can do with this powerful new tool:
- Access the portal in one of two ways:
- Click on the Self Service Portal link on your ADEConnect home screen (look in top-right corner)
- Visit https://help.azed.gov and log in with your ADEConnect credentials
- Federated accounts use their SIS or network credentials
- Self-registration account logins are also valid
- See Accessing the Self-Service Portal quick reference guide
- Easily navigate the portal using any web browser
- Browse the catalog by subject
- Search by keyword
- Helpful hints guide you along the way
- Find answers to your questions in the form of how-to guides, FAQs, tutorials, and technical documentation
- Help article library for ADE applications and services, such as ADEConnect, Grants Management, or the Event Management System
- Rate articles by usefulness and bookmark your favorites
- Popular articles are highlighted in each catalog subject area
- New content is added regularly
- Submit and manage your service requests (support tickets) from within the portal
- Create application-specific or general service requests via web form
- View and track your own tickets, both current and past
- While the portal is not able to show all tickets associated with an entity (school and/or LEA), we hope to include that much-requested feature in the future
Entity Admin Application
With nose to the grindstone and pedal to the metal, the ADEConnect team is making great progress on the new Entity Admin Application. Set to launch this Spring or Summer (depending on if you mean Arizona Spring or actual Spring), this feature-rich application will be the answer to many an entity administrator’s prayers (or curses). In the meantime:
- The team has posted an Entity Admin Application Preview on the ADEConnect blog, and will continue to post sneak peeks as we get closer to the “go-live” date.
- Detail-oriented but friendly entity admin volunteers are needed to provide feedback, as explained in the blog post Entity Admins: Help Us Help You
- Be aware that when the portal launches, everyone will need to watch a few training videos. To show you how painless that will be, we have already made an Entity Admin Application video overview for you!
When the new Entity Admin Application launches later this year, all users will need to watch a few training videos. To show you how painless that will be, we have already made an Entity Admin Application video overview for you!
If you do not see a video embedded below, click here to open the video directly or try another web browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.