ADEConnect provides secure, one-click access to ADE online tools.
This modern, streamlined CommonLogon replacement consolidates ADE system permissions.
Decentralized identity management places administration of access control in local hands.
ADE-led training and support ensures that access is easy and consistent.
- One login per person provides access to multiple applications.
- Seamless integration with existing student information systems.
- Roles are set at the local level, where users are known and their roles identified.
- User-level system access reporting is available to LEA administrators.
- Entity administrators at each LEA provide first-level support for access issues.
- ADE conducts a step-by-step implementation process each time an LEA transitions to ADEConnect.
- LEA-assigned Entity Administrators receive training and always have access to support.
- ADE Solutions Support is available by phone (602-542-7378 / 866-577-9636) and by email ([email protected]).
- If you can find any of the emails in your junk mail or spam folders, simply click on the email and mark it as Not Junk. (This assumes you are using Outlook for your email. If not, there should be a similar mechanism in whatever program you are using.)
- Add the email address – [email protected] – to your address book/contacts list.
- If the emails are being filtered out before they even get to you, you can try to have your IT folks “whitelist” the @azed.gov domain.
- If you still aren’t getting the emails, your IT folks can “whitelist” the following IP addresses:
June 1, 2016 — ADEConnect Update for Entity Administrators
May 13, 2016 — New STUD15 report released
May 9, 2016 — ADEConnect Update for Entity Administrators
May 9, 2016 — ADM15 Report — AzEDS Reports Roles
February 24, 2016 — ADEConnect Update for Entity Administrators
February 23, 2016 — ESS EDP and Private School Application and Roles
January 13, 2016 — ADEConnect Update for Entity Administrators
December 8, 2015 — Password Reset QRG for Direct Sign-on Users
December 8, 2015 — ADEConnect Update for Entity Administrators
December 7, 2015 — Exception to 1% Cap (Alternate Assessments) Application and Roles (effective 12/7/15)
October 13, 2015 — ADEConnect Updates for Entity Administrators
October 13, 2015 — AzMERIT Corrections Application and Roles (effective 10/9/2015)
October 13, 2015 — ESS Vouchers Application and Roles (effective July 2015)
September 22, 2015 — ADEConnect Updates for Entity Administrators
September 4, 2015 — ADEConnect Updates for Entity Administrators
September 4, 2015 — Alternate Assessments Application and Roles (effective 9/9/15)
September 4, 2015 — ESS Funding and Maintenance of Effort Application and Roles
September 4, 2015 — AzEDS Reports Roles and Permissions (effective 9/8/15)
August 21, 2015 — ADEConnect Updates for Entity Administrators
August 6, 2015 — ADEConnect Updates for Entity Administrators
August 6, 2015 (Updated 9/4/15) — AzEDS Identity Application Roles
August 6, 2015 — AzEDS Identity Application Quick Reference Guide
August 5, 2015 — ADEConnect: MCESA RDSS Entity Admin Guide
August 5, 2015 — RDSS MCESA RDSS Roles Moved to ADEConnect
August 5, 2015 — ESS Surrogates Application Migration
August 5, 2015 — ESS Census Application Migration
August 5, 2015 — ESS Monitoring Application Migration
ADE has been working with the SIS vendors in the state to add SAML 2.0 Identity Provider Services in their products. If an LEA is using an ADEConnect-enabled SIS, users that are logged into that SIS can access ADEConnect managed applications via single sign-on with no additional account set-up required. The LEA’s entity administrator simply configures the SIS with the users’ roles and other pertinent information; ADEConnect will validate that information and grant access to users without having to set up any accounts manually.
ADEConnect uses industry standard SAML 2.0. A list of SIS platforms and version numbers that have been tested with ADEConnect is maintained on this site. If your SIS is compatible and you have not already integrated ADEConnect, contact the AELAS Outreach Team by phone (602-542-7378 / 866-577-9636) or email ([email protected]).
Secure-Socket-Layer (SSL) Enabled
Secure-Sockets-Layer (SSL) Enabled: SAML works by sending authentication and authorization information from your SIS to ADEConnect servers via the public Internet. In order to ensure that the authentication information sent by your SIS is secure and prevent unauthorized access to your data, ADEConnect requires your SIS to run with SSL enabled (i.e. the URLs to access your SIS must start with “https:”). If your SIS is not running with SSL enabled, please contact your vendor or ADE support for information on what you need to do to enable SSL.
Direct Sign-on Model
ADE verifies and grants a superuser at each LEA, known as an “Entity Administrator,” full rights to an ADE application called the “Entity Admin Portal.” Using this application, each Entity Administrator can add, modify or delete user accounts for all of the schools in their LEA. Changes take effect immediately.
Users can login through ADEConnect using any modern web browser, but the Entity Admin Portal is built on Microsoft’s Forefront Identity Manager, which means it can only be accessed using Internet Explorer 8 or newer. If your entity administrator does not have regular access to a computer with this capability, please contact ADE Solutions Support for potential alternatives.
Entity administrators are ultimately responsible for ensuring that their users are able to take advantage of the convenience and security ADEConnect offers. By appropriately assigning roles, entity admins permit users to access the ADE applications they need to do their work. Entity administrators also maintain the security of LEA and ADE information by ensuring that users only have access to the applications and data they are authorized to see.
Entity Admin Responsibilities
- Assign user roles
- Manage school and site assignments
- Delegate entity admin role
- Monitor ADEConnect usage
- Analyze SIS-ADEConnect connection
Entity Admin Tools
- Entity Admin Portal
- ADEConnect Activity Report
- Admin Application Association Report
- Application Availability Report
- Search by email address
- Support from ADE!
ADE conducts live online Entity Administrator Training sessions at regular intervals. Each sessions orients new entity administrators to their responsibilities, demonstrates the available tools, and provides time for questions and answers.
Upcoming Live Online Training
Each session listed below is a live training and does not accept pre-registrations. To attend, mark your personal calendar with your preferred day and time. Then either copy the link for that session onto your calendar reminder, or visit this page on that day and click the appropriate link below.
Please use the Google Chrome browser to join these sessions. Note: The sign-in process involves several steps and should be completed before the session start time. It is advised that you access the training using Chrome as your browser.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. MST — Attend Here
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. MST — Attend Here
- Monday, August 15, 2016: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MST — Attend Here
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. MST — Attend Here
ADEConnect Entity Administrator Training Resources
- Download the updated ADEConnect Entity Admin Manual
- Download a PDF of the “old” entity admin training reference
- Download the Entity Administrator Manual for RDSS Applications in ADEConnect
- Direct Sign-on Password Reset QRG