ADEConnect provides secure, one-click access to ADE online tools.
This modern, streamlined CommonLogon replacement consolidates ADE system permissions.
Decentralized identity management places administration of access control in local hands.
ADE-led training and support ensures that access is easy and consistent.
- One login per person provides access to multiple applications.
- Seamless integration with existing student information systems.
- Permissions and roles are set at the local level, where users are known and their roles identified.
- User-level system access reporting is available to LEA administrators.
- Entity administrators at each LEA provide first-level support for access issues.
- ADE conducts a step-by-step implementation process each time an LEA transitions to ADEConnect.
- LEA-assigned Entity Administrators receive training and always have access to support.
- ADE Support is available by phone (602-542-7378 / 866-577-9636) and by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once an LEA is set up to use ADEConnect, administration of ALL LEA users is delegated to and is fully managed by the LEA. In other words, ADE trusts you to manage your own users. That means no more waiting for the ADE to add, modify, or delete user permissions – LEAs can make changes that take effect immediately. At present, ADEConnect operates according to two models: Federated and Direct Sign-on. The Federated model is the standard toward which ADE is moving.
ADE has been working with the SIS vendors in the state to add SAML 2.0 Identity Provider Services in their products. If an LEA is using an ADEConnect-enabled SIS, users that are logged into that SIS can access ADEConnect managed applications via single sign-on with no additional account set-up required. The LEA’s entity administrator simply configures the SIS with the users’ roles and other pertinent information; ADEConnect will validate that information and grant access to users without having to set up any accounts manually.
ADEConnect uses industry standard SAML 2.0. A list of SIS platforms and version numbers that have been tested with ADEConnect is maintained on this site. If your SIS is compatible and you have not already integrated ADEConnect, contact the AELAS Outreach Team by phone (602-542-7378 / 866-577-9636) or email (email@example.com).
Vendor System Readiness
- EduPoint/Synergy (Version 22.214.171.124 +)
- Infinite Campus (ADEConnect Add-on)
- Pearson/PowerSchool (Version 126.96.36.199)
- Tyler/Schoolmaster (Version 1.8.7c)
- Tyler/Infinite Visions HR
Secure-Socket-Layer (SSL) Enabled
Secure-Sockets-Layer (SSL) Enabled: SAML works by sending authentication and authorization information from your SIS to ADEConnect servers via the public Internet. In order to ensure that the authentication information sent by your SIS is secure and prevent unauthorized access to your data, ADEConnect requires your SIS to run with SSL enabled (i.e. the URLs to access your SIS must start with “https:”). If your SIS is not running with SSL enabled, please contact your vendor or ADE support for information on what you need to do to enable SSL.
Direct Sign-on Model
ADE verifies and grants a superuser at each LEA, known as an “Entity Administrator,” full rights to an ADE application called the “Entity Admin Portal.” Using this application, each Entity Administrator can add, modify or delete user accounts for all of the schools in their LEA. Changes take effect immediately.
Users can login through ADEConnect using any modern web browser, but the Entity Admin Portal is built on Microsoft’s Forefront Identity Manager, which means it can only be accessed using Internet Explorer 8 or newer. If your entity administrator does not have regular access to a computer with this capability, please contact ADE support for potential alternatives.
All user accounts in ADEConnect are administered by their assigned LEA entity administrators, who also control user access to each ADE application.
Entity administrators are ultimately responsible for ensuring that their users are able to take advantage of the convenience and security ADEConnect offers. By appropriately assigning roles and permissions, entity admins permit users to access the ADE applications they need to do their work. Entity administrators also maintain the security of LEA and ADE information by ensuring that users only have access to the applications and data they are authorized to see.
Entity Admin Responsibilities
- Assign user roles and permissions
- Manage school and site assignments
- Delegate entity admin role
- Monitor ADEConnect usage
- Analyze SIS-ADEConnect connection
Entity Admin Tools
- Entity Admin Portal
- ADEConnect Activity Report
- Admin Application Association Report
- Search by email address
- Support from ADE!
ADE conducts live online Entity Administrator Training sessions at regular intervals. Each sessions orients new entity administrators to their responsibilities, demonstrates the available tools, and provides time for questions and answers.
Upcoming Live Online Training
Click on a session time below to register for training.