The goals for the Framework are:
- To enhance and improve student learning;
- To use the evaluation process and achievement data to drive professional development to enhance teaching, leadership, and student performance.
- To increase data-informed decision making for students and teacher and principal evaluations fostering school cultures where student learning and progress is a continual part of redefining goals for all.
- To use the evaluation process and data to improve teacher and principal performance;
- To incorporate multiple measurements of achievement;
- To communicate clearly defined expectations;
- To allow LEAs to use local instruments to fulfill the requirements of the framework;
- To reflect fairness, flexibility, and a research-based approach;
- To create a culture where data drives instructional decisions.